Chapter 1

The baby monitor went off around two am

The baby monitor went off around two am. Wailing sounds from his small infant son could be heard in his room. He groans as he waits a moment to wake up. He was not used to waking to anyone.

He normally woke when he wanted to. If that was four am for a snack. Or to fly to Paris for some fun at midnight he had his pick. Not these days.

"I am coming! I am coming!" Donovan grumbles.

He gets out of bed. Reaches over to turn on the light at his night stand, the brightness blinds him momentarily. He groans. It was far too early for this shit. He never expected or planned to be a parent. It sort of happened.

Just a few weeks ago. An elder lady dropped a baby off at his door step. Insisted this baby was his. That the mother had passed away giving birth to the child. After having the baby tested it turned out that the baby was his indeed. A little boy.

Off spring from a heated one night stand. Now he was facing the life of being a single father. He got on his slippers. Then waddled out half asleep to the nursery where he had tried to get his son to sleep for the night.

"There there...little guy" he yawn as he picks up his wailing son. He never had baby sat before in his life. He had taken free parenting classes to learn how to care for his son.

His parents were pissed at him for these turn of events. They were more upset that this made their image look badly. That their son had a bastard son. Donovan soon found what the little man was fussing about. He was wet. Of course.

Donovan carries his son over to the changing table he had bought at Cosco. He reaches over grabbing a Pampers diaper. The wipes to. His son began to grin at him now. Fussing a little less. Hs son began to kick his little legs on him.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Come on Evan. Make this easy on your old man will you?" begs a hopeless Donovan.

He attempts to lift the flap on the diaper. He winces waiting for it. So far so good. Little boys often tended to get you right in the face. Donovan had learned that the hard way many times.

"That's my boy" chuckles Donovan.

He wipes his son off. Removes the dirty wet diaper like a pro. Then goes to place the fresh diaper on. Suddenly as he turns to toss the dirty diaper in the diaper genie the hose goes freely. Hitting Donovan right in the eye.

"Shit!" Donovan grumbles as he struggles to cover the hose with the clean diaper. He holds down the fort as he reaches for another clean diaper. "Try number two son. Are we done yet?" asks Donovan. His son grins as he kicks his little legs in the air with excitement. Donovan wished he had half that energy.

Donovan removes the new dirty diaper. He sighs when he sees his son was done. He successfully changes him in time. He had to work in his father's office the next morning. He was going to be a zombie the next day.