Chapter 14

Donovan had enough of work

Donovan had enough of work. He was used to flying off whenever and where ever he wanted to. He was really not used to being tied down at home for this LONG. IT seemed like forever since he had been out of town. He began to day dream about Paris. About being overseas.

All the fun adventures he used to have. He bet that Sawyer and Shelly had never been out of town. Or on a trip of any kind! That was it! They could all go on a trip! He was about done with all his paper work.

He was due a break. If Sawyer went along he could get a little break from Evan on the trip. Sawyer would love a free trip right? Shelly was not yet in school. So how could she say no?

Donovan walked over to his father's side of the office to see if his idea for a trip was a go. All work and no play made a dull boy as they said.

He went in his father's office. His father was on the phone with someone as always. His father never took breaks. He heard all about that from his mother when or if he answered her calls.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"I don't care! You tell my son to call me right now! I am not going to have him keep using my accounts when he is not doing the work I am sending him to do. SO to tell that ungrateful BRAT of mine to call me ASAP!" snaps his father on the phone. "Don't you do it...don't hang up on me Britta!" snaps his father angrily. His father groans as he slams down his phone.

"Not having any luck finding Harrison yet?" wonders Donovan as he sits down in his father's chair in front of his desk.

"Well I found where he is for now. In Paris. He won't return my calls. I found where he checked in a hotel using my card!! Damn that boy! I know something is going on! Why won't he let me help him if he is in hot water?" wonders his father as he places his hand on his chin thoughtfully.

"Maybe he will. When he wants to. I have an idea" mentions Donovan.

"What is that son?" asks his father curiously.

"I could go to Paris. Maybe Harrison will talk to me. I am his big brother. Maybe he won't reach out for you. But he could to me" offers Donovan.

"You know what that is a brilliant idea son" agrees his father. "But what about your son? And nanny?"

"I am sure they can come along. I was meaning to come in and ask you for a break. I got all the paper work done. I am getting really burned out here with Evan not sleeping through the nights. I mean don't get me wrong Sawyer has been a great help to me. I don't know what I would do without her. I just need a break dad" sighs Donovan.

"You got it son. You take your kid and the nanny have a fun trip. Here is the hotel that your brother checked in at. He is at our hotel over in Paris" mentions his father as he writes down an address.

"Wonderful dad! Sawyer will be thrilled to go to Paris! I can't wait to break the news to her tonight!" says a cheery Donovan.

"I will book you a room there so when you get there your brother will not know you checked in" sighs his father.