Chapter 11

Donovan was up early that next morning with Evan

Donovan was up early that next morning with Evan. He did not want the little man waking up his house guests. Then he took Norton out. He was up to see Quinn leaving for Paris the next morning.

"See you sometime friend of mine. Take care" Quinn tells him warmly. She kisses his cheek.

"Have a safe flight out" he tells her.

She nods as she heads out the door with her luggage. His life was somewhat back to normal now. Shelly comes wandering sleepily down the stairs.

  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Morning Mr. Spencer" yawns Shelly.

"Is your mother up yet?" he wonders. Shelly shakes her head no.

"No not yet" says Shelly.

"Well let her rest. She sure needs it. She had a very long night. Say want to make breakfast with me? For your mom and you?" he offers.

"I don't know how to cook" she giggles.

"There are a few things you can help me with around here" he tells her.

He picks her up placing her on his shoulders making her giggle. Evan was playing with toys in his play pen near the kitchen. Norton was resting over on the couch. Once he was back in the kitchen he sets Shelly down.

  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"What are we going to make Mr. Spencer?" wonders Shelly.

"French toast. It is easy" he tells her. "Call me Donovan" he reminds her.

"How do I say your name?" giggles Shelly as he gets down the loaf of bread and gets eggs out of the fridge.

"Don-of-VAN" he sounds out for her.

"Donovan...."she giggles.

"You got it. First we need to crack these eggs into a bowl. Watch" he tells her.

He cracks the egg on the side of the counter. Then places the egg in the bowl. He grabs the bottle of vanilla extract. He whisks the mixture together.

  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Now what do we do?" wonders Shelly curiously. He gets out a pan. Heats the stove on. Places the pan on the warm stove. He melts some butter in the pan.

"Next you dunk the bread in the egg. Like so!" he tells her. He shows her how to get the mixture over both sides of the bread. Then he places the bread into the pan.

"Then you cook it" he tells her.

"What can I do?" wonders Shelly.

"You can get out the bacon from the fridge. We will cook some of that to" he offers.