Chapter 4

Sawyer was running a bit late to work

Sawyer was running a bit late to work. She did not mean to. Well she never really meant to run late for any job she had. Just things happened to turn out that way for her. She did not own a car.

She had to take a subway for everything. She dropped off her daughter at the day care center. Then she went off on her way to Donovan's part of town. She walked down to his driveway. There was a large gate in the front. She pushed her finger on the buzzer.

"Who is it? How may we help you?" some guard answers back right away.

"I am Miss. Carter. I am here to be Evan's new nanny" Sawyer replies back into the speaker.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No reply back. Suddenly she hears a buzzing noise. The large steel gates pull back, opening letting her on her way inside. She sees a large driveway that twisted and turned around the large home. She walked as quickly as she could move down the drive way.

She takes her head phones out of her ears. She had been listing to music on her way to work that day. She turns off her cell phone. Then places it in her coat pocket. She looked over Donovan's large home. Was it four stories? Five?

She could not tell. She worried she would get lost in a house like this one. She had to make sure she knew where everything was! She made her way to the front door at last. She pushes her finger on the door bell.

She hears a long ding-dong echo inside the home. She hears barking. Donovan had a dog? She did not really love dogs. But not really hate them either. She was a bit afraid of dogs. Maybe it was because she never had any pets of her own when she was growing up.

"Get back Norton! Back!" she hears Donovan ordering the dog at the door.

He opens the door. Why did he have to be so good looking? His blond hair was slicked back. He had on a devilish yummy suite on.

Was it real Italian? She could not help but wonder. Donovan's pretty brown eyes sparkled at her as he held back his little dog. The dog was panting with excitement to come over and see her.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"You have a dog?" she asks him.

"Oh Norton? Yes. Sorry I did not mention it. Why are you allergic to dogs?" he worries. She shakes her head.

"No, I am not. I never really have been around a dog. I kind of am...." just as she was going to say she was going to tell him of her fear, Norton managed to get away from Donovan. He came rushing at her. She squeals with a mix of fear and excitement at the same time. Norton licks her as he leaps on her leg.

"Down Norton! Down! I will take care of you!" Donovan demands to the disobedient dog. He grabs Norton by the collar, leads him to the little dog like lock up area.