• Cunning Little Schemer •

10:30pm in Lucy's Bedroom (Lucy's POV)

ʟᴜᴄʏ: ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ.

ʟᴇᴠʏ: ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀᴅᴍɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ʜɪs ғᴀᴄᴇ, ʜɪs ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ sᴛᴏʀʏ.

ʟᴜᴄʏ: ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ. ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏssɪᴘ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ.

ʟᴇᴠʏ: ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ ɪs ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ɢᴏssɪᴘs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀᴛsᴜ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴜᴍᴏʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴғᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴀᴛsᴜ ʜᴀs ᴀʟsᴏ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ. ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟs ʏᴏᴜ ʜɪs ғɪᴀɴᴄᴇé ɪɴ ᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ. ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʀᴜᴇ??? ᴍɪss ʟᴜᴄʏ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴀᴛsᴜ ʜᴀs ʜɪs ᴇʏᴇs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.

ʟᴜᴄʏ: ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ɢᴏssɪᴘs.

ʟᴇᴠʏ: ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ. ɢᴏᴏᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ~

I flopped my arm that held my phone onto the bed and squinted hazily at my ceiling light fan.

If this continues, my life and job will be effected.

The Next Morning...

I walked down the halls of the hospital, clutching the black clipboard nervously in my hand.

This is one thing I hate about my job. Gossip.

There is literally NO such thing as privacy in this type of workplace. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I hate attention. All I've ever wanted to do was blend in, but of course, that is never possible; since that stupid Mister Dragneel dude had to interfere with my life.

Being pretty, I naturally stood out. I was literally the billboard of, "beauty". However, that wasn't exactly why I had alot of attention today. Something is up...

I continued my way down the hallway, and every corner I turned, people were whispering about me.

My frown increased. What? I was mad. I curled my upper lip and stopped where I was. I slammed my heel on the floor and glared around me.

"If I hear one more thing from anyone in this facility..." I rumbled. "You'll have me to deal with."

With that, everyone scurried in opposite directions. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked into my office.

I slammed the door open, only to be met with Brianna and...Levy?

By the way, Brianna, Brianna Feng, is like, the popular girl in the whole hospital. Whereas, I'm the most popular girl in only my facility.

I tilted my head furiously, but questionably.
"What is the meaning of this?"

"Lucy! You dare steal my man!" Brianna yelled, as she furiously wiped her tears.

My anger withered away and I twitched. "Dr Feng, please be rational. I have nothing to do with Natsu. He's still yours."

"Dont be pretentious! You're going against me! The whole hospital knows that I like Natsu. Who are you to get close to him!?" she yelled, once again.