Living Like Icarus

You can slow me down but you can't stop me..
I am gonna be that ancient 90-year-old woman that's still out there running marathons, you know that right?
Life was meant to be lived, and like hell I'm missing out on it. I ain't got a lot of time here, if I don't make the most of it I ain't ever gonna get anything done. To hell with sitting and moping about the things you wish were different. To hell with sitting behind a screen and living your dream life in your imagination.. when your reality is just an office and a 9-5 shift day in day out. Hell nah, I'm going to live. I'm going to see and do and go. I'm going to crash my pickup into a ditch and break the bank trying to get where I'm going. I'm going to fly too close to the sun, like Icarus. I'm going to laugh as I fall, the wind screaming past my face. I'm going to laugh, as I gather speed until I'm going the fastest I've ever gone in my life, and I'm not going to bother thinking about the rocks below. I'm going to laugh, because beautiful things were always meant to be destroyed.
Hell, I'm just going to enjoy the adrenaline on the way down. It's the last chance I'll get to feel that adrenaline so I might as well savour it. Because there's nothing you can do about the dates on your gravestone. But you can change the tale the dash tells. So why not?