I'm just a kid from Brooklyn

Steve looked over at Tony, then over at Natasha his wife whom he had 2 children with and then over at the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Stephen Strange who had his finger up. Steve had no idea what he meant but knew that time was running out as he saw Thanos inserting the power stone into the Stark Gauntlet which he had stolen, as the power surged through his body he groaned. Steve looked at Tony who had given him another Gauntlet used from nanotechnology as Steve ran over to Thanos desperately attempting to take the stones from him, Thanos simply tossed him aside unaware that Steve had achieved his goal as he looked to his hand before saying the words his future self had said to the Avengers 5 years ago when he snapped for the first time. "I am inevitable." He said looking over at Steve who was sitting down looking over at him before snapping, he then realised that the stones were gone confused and shocked as he looked at the Gauntlet which he was wielding as Steve looked over at him the power of the 6 stones, mind, soul, space, time, reality and power all surging through him, he knew it would be his last stand but it was either him or the entire universe who was going to suffer, Thanos still shocked looked over at the Captain as the stones continued to surge through God's righteous man. "And I'm..." He looked over at Thanos before muttering his final words. "Just a kid from Brooklyn." He said snapping his fingers as Thanos's army began to disappear leviathan after leviathan, outrider after outrider, minion after minion, one child of the Mad Titans after another child of the Mad Titans. As T'Challa, Peter Quill, Tony and Thanos watched them all disappear one by one as Thanos sat down accepting his defeat at the hands of the Avengers before dusting away himself. Steve's corpse laying lifeless against the destroyed debris that was his home, The Avengers Compound as Sam flew in and Bucky walked over to his best friend. Sam spoke up first looking at his best friend who had always stayed by his side as he looked like he was on the verge of crying but managed to hold his tears back. Bucky then spoke smiling at Steve "We won and all because everybody decided to follow a dumb kid from Brooklyn who was too afraid to run away from a fight I promised you didn't I?." He said as his smile faded quickly. "That I'm with ya till the end of the line." He said as he began to sob silently. Natasha saw her husband who was on his final lifeline placing his face in her hands. "Hey." She said looking at him. "Hey Nat..." Steve said weakly with a look on his face which had sadness and regret on it, Natasha then looked to Tony. "Tony can Friday tell us his condition?" Tony nodded as he looked at her with a sad and disappointed look on his face. "I'm sorry Nat his life functions are critical..." Natasha had a smile on her face before looking back to her husband. "We're going to be okay, me James and Sarah we're all safe I promise." She said trying to hide her pain. "You can rest now." She said as Steve finally passed her happy smile now turning to tears and face full of sadness. Tony and Thor watching from the distance were also sobbing, they had lost a friend, a close friend, but not only a friend a leader too. Natasha then kissed Steve's cheek as she laid her head on his chest sobbing as she did so.

The king of Wakanda then kneeled for his fallen leader, as did Carol Danvers, followed by Peter Quill and Nebula, then Brunhilde the last remaining Valkyrie, followed by Scott Lang, then Tony Stark who looked as if he had the most regret on his face even if Steve and him had moved on from the Civil War 8 years ago, the sorcerer supreme then kneeled also with a regretful look on his face. He knew Steve had a family but knew that his sacrifice was the only way Thanos would be stopped for good, then Rhodey, Peter Parker, Shuri, Okoye, Mantis, Drax and Wanda kneeled for the fallen soldier along with Thor the God of Thunder and king of Asgard as Natasha continued to cry into her husbands shoulder wishing to herself that there could've been another way...