Broken

Tony, Sam, Bucky and Wanda decided to go visit Natasha, they made their way over to the door knocking on it. They weren't surprised when there was no answer the first time they knocked, knocking again with no response once again. "Maybe she doesn't want to come out." Bucky said with a soft sigh. "We have to keep trying we can't lose Natasha too..." Wanda said with a soft sigh. They knocked one last time not hearing a response once again. "I guess there's nothing we can do..." Tony said sadly as they began to walk off before hearing someone answering the door, it was Sarah. "Sarah?" Tony said turning back to talk to the little girl. "Hi Uncle Tony." She said with a smile. "I haven't seen you for ages." She said looking up at him. "Where's your mother and brother?" Tony said looking at her. "James is playing inside and mama is in her room." She said with a soft sigh. Tony nodded as Sarah took the Avengers to the her mothers room.

Natasha was in her room looking into the mirror, she was now staying silent all the time with no words making it out of her mouth. Tony knocked on the door hoping she would give somewhat of a response. After what seemed like eternity Natasha opened the door but this wasn't the fierce, confident Natasha Romanoff everyone knew, it was a hurt, broken Natasha Romanoff. She simply waved at Tony not saying a single word as well she was dressed in all black and now used waterproof makeup due to an immense amount of water escaping her eyes. "Natasha..." Tony said with a soft sigh. Natasha replied with a simple nod. "Are you okay..." He asked once more attempting to engage in a conversation with her with Natasha simply nodding once more however this was far from the truth as she was not okay, for the first time in what seemed like years she finally left her room walking downstairs surprised to see that everyone had come to visit her.

"Nat?" Wanda said attempting to make conversation with her but to no avail. "Please talk." She said with hurt in her eyes she hated seeing Natasha this broken. Natasha shook her head as well as not wanting to talk it hurt her throat when she spoke due to not speaking for a while. "Please Natasha I'm sorry about Steve." That was it as soon as she heard the name of her resting husband Natasha began to sob quietly not ruining her makeup however as that was waterproof, any mention of Steve's name was enough to make Natasha cry for consecutive hours maybe even consecutive days. Bucky looked over at the witch. "I don't think we should mention that name especially in front of her." He said with a soft sigh.

After many hours and numerous attempts to try and spark a conversation with Natasha the Avengers finally decided to leave they realised that today was not a day where Natasha would even so much as mutter a word to anyone. "Bye Natasha." They said as they left before Sarah and James ran over to her. "Mama mama." James looked up at her. "Are you okay." He said looking worried. "Yeah mama you didn't speak at all today." Natasha simply picked her 2 children up cuddling them before putting them to sleep she couldn't even talk to them and it hurt to see them as there was so much of Steve in the both of them. The blue eyes they both possessed the blonde hair which Sarah had attained from her father and the iron will and courage James had which his father before him had possessed.