4th July

Natasha always dreaded this time of year, months had passed since Steve had passed. James and Sarah were now 7 and 4 they were always curious about why their mother was sad especially on this day they looked at each other before Sarah spoke. "Why is mama always so sad now." She said with a soft sigh, "Sarah do you ever wonder where our dad went?" He said looking at her, Sarah shook her head she didn't understand as well as James as what Steve had done. "Well he's up in the clouds with uncle Clint." He said smiling trying to hide his sadness. "I know that mommy always says that." She said sighing softly. "At least when she talks." She said looking down.

Natasha was not the confident assassin she once was when she was with the Avengers she was in pain since her husband had passed away. She didn't really speak and when she did it was only a quick "Hi." She always wore black and never left the house. Sarah looked over at James. "I'm going to try talk to mom." She said with hope that her mother would finally open up to them, Sarah really missed how her mother was before Steve's sacrifice and went to her room knocking on the door. "Mama please open the door." She said worried, she hadn't seen her mom for a while now. Natasha opened the door with a dreadful look on her face wearing a black dress staying silent. "Mama why are you always sad." Sarah said looking up at her, Natasha simply stayed silent. "Is it because of dad?" Sarah said wanting to help her mother but instead Natasha started to sob tears escaping her eyes, her makeup not being ruined though as she had learnt to use waterproof makeup.

"Mama please talk." Sarah said with a worried look on her face once more, Natasha finally spoke up. "Your father he's in the clouds with uncle Clint you know that right." Sarah nodded looking at her confused as to why she would tell her this again. "Well today is his birthday I remember this was the one day where we spent time together without caring about anything apart from being together." Natasha looked at her before starting to sob again. "And now..." She began to sob louder. "He's gone and I won't ever see him again." She hugged her daughter who did the same. "I'm sorry mama..." Sarah said with a soft sigh trying to comfort her. "It's okay sweetie it's just I miss him so much." She said continuing to hug her daughter. "I wish your father could've seen how much you and James have grown when we first moved into this house in Brooklyn all we could think about was about how you 2 would grow up and how much time we would be able to spend with you." She sighed before looking over at a family photo of Steve, herself, Sarah and James. "And now he can't see you grow up." She said with a soft sigh trying to hold back her tears. "But I guess he had to do it or else we would've all been gone." She said continuing to hug Sarah.