Prologue

Justine's POV
When I don't say anything he tries to speak, tries to explain. "Justine..." He lifts his hand to my face again and caresses it but I cut him off, taking his wrist.

I look down again and let go of his hand, my arms dropping to my sides. I look back up at him, giving him a slight glare. "I had a feeling it were true. I don't need any explanation now. I'm done waiting. I've been done." I say quiet and hard. I watch the hurt in his eyes appear as what I said sinks in.

"I'm sorry I-"

"I'm sorry too, Riker." I shake my head and turn around to continue walking home.

"I just need to explain!" His hand grasps into my arm and I spin around. His eyes are filled with emotion. I glare at him, ripping my arm from him and crossing my arms. Tears blur my vision at the brim of my eyes, daring to fall any second now.

"Then tell me, Riker, if you're sorry why did you tell me you'll be my always? You had an actual chance to fix things before you told me all those fucking lies. You lied to me. This whole relationship: lies! Poker faced and ignorant of what might happen when I finally found out that you lied to me...So much for always, asshole."

Now, I'm crying harder than I ever have in front of him. Before he can say anything I turn in my heel and leave him. And this time, he doesn't follow me.

----------

A/N updates will be posted almost every day. Maybe.

VOTE! COMMENT! FOLLOW!

Happy reading! -Bethany