Chapter 4: Toad Wars: The Toad Strikes Back!

Defeat 5 Giant Toad In 3 Days.

"Explosion magic is the strongest magic, so it requires time to charge up. Please protect me until I'm ready."
"Got it, we'll stall for time, you just keep charging." Kazuma replies before shooting her a thumbs up.
"Ya know, I didn't realise these things came in different colours." Liam states before getting in a combat stance.

Liam charges at the giant toads, destroying them all in one punch.
"Ya know, these things are way too easy."
"Liam, behind you!" Kazuma shouts.
Liam turns around to see the toad behind him right when it chomps down on him and he starts to slowly slide into it's mouth. Kazuma slashes it open with his sword and gets Liam out.
"You all right Liam?"
"I'm scarred for life...also I need a shower."
"Oookay."
"GOD'S BLOW!"
The two of them look over to see that Aqua had used God's Blow again and it had failed again, the toad then starts to eat her.
"She's useless." Kazuma and Liam say together.
"Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark,
I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson. Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary, appear now as an intangible distortions! I desire for my torrent of power a destructive force:
a destructive force without equal!
Return all creation to cinders, and come frome the abyss!
Explosion!"

Suddenly a massive explosion is set off, killing all the toads caught in it's radius and almost sending Kazuma and Liam flying from the air pressure.

"Holy shit! That was amazing Megu..min?" Liam went to congratulate her but stopped when he turned around and saw her laying on the floor.
"Hey Megumin, you okay?"
"Don't worry, you see, because explosion magic is so powerful, it takes all my mana, rendering me unable to move."
"But, talking is moving."
Megumin's body had started to slide down the hill and as the three of them had been so busy talking, they hadn't noticed the giant toad that had been attracted by the noise and currently had Megumin in it's mouth.

"For fucks sake, Kazuma you save Aqua, I got Megumin."
"Got it."

Quest Complete! Defeated 5 Giant Toads

The party of four were walking back to the guild after defeating the toads, they were all covered in slime, except for Kazuma.

"I stink! I stink!" Aqua shouts.
"The inside of a frog stinks, but it feels nice and warm." Megumin adds.
"Thanks for reminding me." Liam responds.

"You're banned from using explosion magic, except for in emergencies. You'll have to make do with other magic." Kazuma says.
"I can't." This causes everyone to stop and look at her.
"Why not?" Liam asks.
"I can only use explosion magic. I can't use any other type of magic."
"For real?" Kazuma asks.
"For real."

The party just stares at her.
"If your level's high enough to learn explosion magic, shouldn't you be able to learn a bunch of other spells? I couldn't learn any archpriest skills till I learnt all the party skills." Aqua asks her.
"What would you use party tricks for." Kazuma asks.
"And why do I get the the feeling that they're actually going to be useful." Liam responds.

"I'm an archwizard who loves explosion magic above all else. I don't like any other magic in the detonation family. I only like explosion magic!" At this point she starts to choke Liam who she had been piggybacking on. "I could, of course, easily go on adventures if I learned other magic, but that simply won't do! I only love explosion magic! Even if one use per day is my limit, or I collapse after using my magic, explosion magic is still the only magic I'll ever love! After all, I chose the path of an archwizard solely to learn explosion magic! Oh, I'm choking you, sorry." After Megumin was finished with her speech and stopped choking Liam to death.
"Holy shit, your speech was a whole paragraph, cut it down to just the important bits next time."

"Right. Anyway, I'm sure the path ahead of you will be thorny, once we get back to the guild, we'll split the profits and then split. I hope we can meet somewhe-" kazuma said before being cut off by Megumin.
"My only desire is to use explosion magic. I'd be fine with going unpaid if need be. Yes, the power of an archwizard can be yours for the low price of food and sundries. What option do you have other then forming a long-term contract with me?!"
"No, no, no." Kazuma says before attempting to rip Megumin off Liam's back. "Your power would be wasted on a novice party like ours."
"No, no, no! It's fine, even if you are puny or novices. While I do have an advanced job, I'm only level 6!"
"No, no, no! What kind of a magician can only cast one spell per day?!"
At this point, Megumin was starting to accidentally choke Liam again.
"Hey, let go of him! You probably just got dumped by a different party, didn't you? Hey, I said let go, if we go into a cave you won't be able to do anything, god, you get more useless by the second! At the end, Kazuma started to resort to trying to throw Megumin, resulting in slime flying everyehere.
"Hey! You're getting slime on me!" Aqua shouts at them.
"No other parties will take me! I'll carry your items or whatever else you need! Please don't abandon me!"

While the party had been busy trying to get Megumin off Liam so they could leave her, they'd failed to notice the women walking up to.

How awful! That man's trying to abondon that girl!" Said one of them while pointing at Kazuma. This results in him and Megumin looseing their holds and Liam being able to breathe again.
"Fuck, I swear I'm going to SHINEI you Megumin."

"Look, that other woman and man are covered in slime just like her, I bet he's blackmailing them!" Said another.

"Woah, wait! Trust me he isn't making us do anything, we just took up a quest fighting giant toads!" Liam hurriedly says rushing to protect Kazuma's dignity.

"See, he's blackmailing them into defending him." The woman replies.

"I can't imagine what despicable acts he has them doing!" A third says.
This changes Megumin's face to one of dark smugness.

"Please, I'll do whatever erotic acts you want, I'll even do things as dirty as the toad play, please just keep my friends out of it, they're all I have left!" Megumin says, loud enough for all to hear.

"Eaugh!" The woman let out a noise of pure disgust. As Kazuma places his hand on Megumin's mouth to get her to shut up.

"Okay, I get it, welcome aboard."

The party of four were back at the guild after splitting up to bathe and were now sitting down at a table they were waiting on Liam who said he was gonna check his card before joining them.

"Damn, I only leveled up three levels. Huh, root for two skill points, guess I'll learn it." Liam had decided to learn root, which grants the ability to create small tree roots and fully manipulate them. "Welp, guess I should go see how much money we made." Then he went to go join the others at the table.

To Be Continued.