Chapter 6: The Incredible Fight Against Cabbage! ...Wait Cabbage? Really?

"Emergency quest! Emergency quest!" The speakers suddenly blared, gaining the attention of the party. "All adventurers report to the front gate! I repeat: all adventurers report to the front gate!"

"Huh, what's going on?" Kazuma asks.
"Finally, an actual enemy to kill!" Liam says way to enthusiastically.
"You terrify me sometimes." 
"I can make it much worse if you want."
"No thank you."

The party left the guild to see everyone hurriedly packing their stalls while fleeing in terror, even some of the adventurers looked scared. The party arrive at the gate to see something coming in the horizon.

"Stay back you two, I'll protect you." Darkness says with a surprisingly knightlike resolve.
"I can protect myself, but thanks for the unneeded concern." Liam says cockily.
"What is it?! What's coming?!" Kazuma asks fearfully.
"Didn't they say, it's cabbage!" Aqua says enthusiastically.
"Huh." Liam and Kazuma say bewildered.

"Looks like it's gonna be tough this year." Says one warrior.
"A storm is coming." Megumin says way too seriously.
"Harvest time!" Everyone but Kazuma and Liam shout enthusiastically.
"Bring out the mayonnaise!" Aqua shouts before pointing her staff forward at the oncoming cabbage."                                   

"What the hell is this." Kazuma shouts in a mix of anger and confusion.
"Kazuma, when are we gonna do anything adventurous besides kill frogs?"
"I don't know Liam, I don't know."

Defeat all the cabbages flying into the city

"Go!" A random warrior shouts enthusiastically, before everyone starts to charge at the cabbages, trying their best to catch as many as they can.

Back to the party...
"Darkness! Are you okay?" Kazuma asks worried due to Darkness currently being destroyed by the cabbages. He stops his feelings of worry after releasing that she's actually enjoying it.

"Oh, blackness shrouded in light Frenzied blaze clad in night In the name of the crimson demons, let the collapse of thine origin manifest." Megumin had started to chant her explosion spell, evident by the ground being destroyed from the energy, the magic circles in the air, and the glowing light coming from Megumin's staff. She continued her chant. "Summon before me the root of thy power hidden within the lands of the kingdom of demise!" Before finally, "EXPLOSION!" She let forth a massive explosion, which really didn't accomplish anything seeing as it killed the remaining  cabbages.

Abundant cabbage harvested!

The five of them were sitting down at a table, all were eating the cabbage except Liam, he was eating steak, because he doesn't like cabbage.
"I'd expect nothing less from a crusader! No wonder those cabbages had such a hard time breaching your iron-clad defense!" Aqua shouts in absolute awe, like a kid meeting their idol.
"No I'm just a solidly built women. Becoming a wall is all I'm good for." Darkness humbly refuted the praise.
"Aqua's nature's beauty was splendid, as well. It boosted morale between the adventurers and kept the cabbages fresh." Megumin added to the conversation of complements.
"It's nothing, really. That's only natural for an archpriest that heals everyone." Aqua proudly announces, taking the complement as an excuse to boost her ego.
"Is it really that important?" Kazuma asked, doubtful of her words. Aqua quickly defended herself
"An archpriest's magical water is very precious." Both Kazuma and Liam doubted that statement.
"Most importantly, you've now seen my abilities so allow me to re-introduce myself. I'm Darkness, a crusader, I have a sword I can carry in either hand, but don't expect me to be a powerhouse, I'm best at being a wall." Darkness properly introduced herself to the party proudly, a beaming smile on her face as she said each word.
"I'd say our party is coming along quite nicely, we even have three advanced classes, that's not something most people can say!" Aqua was quite proud that she could be part of a rare party full of advanced warriors.

To Be Continued.