17| aiden jennings

"who does he think he is!? thinking he could waltz in here like he owns the place!?"

friday's bruised fists pounded against the punching bag that swung aimlessly above the ground. each fist connected square against the bag, sending it swinging a bit further than it was before. sweat slid down her back and her brows furrowed in anger as ragged breaths lefts her chapped lips.

she had been so deep in her own anger she hadn't noticed the body that entered the basement. the man, no older than his mid forties stared at his daughter. he hadn't thought his presence would've affected her so much, he thought she would've wanted this. for them to be a family again.

"friday" he called out and she immediately stopped her actions and gave him a hum. no words, just a sound of acknowledgement. "you don't seem pleased to see me here," he fought against his accent.

friday only shrugged and kevin took it as a sign to continue speaking.

"i thought that this is what you would've wanted," he made his way to steady the punching bag for her. "me, being here and us being a family again,"

each word made her angrier, she applied more force than needed to each punch, making her father stumble a bit, but he held his ground.

"well, isn't that what you want?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"maybe if you came six years earlier," she stopped and began to unwrap her knuckles. she didn't feel like being here anymore.

"friday," he sighed.

"no, stop." she hissed. "thirteen year old me wanted you here. not eighteen year old me. i've been here by myself-"

"your mother was here-" he started but she cut him off.

"mom? mom was never really here. i was lucky to see here consistently for at least two weeks every month, maybe three if i'm lucky," she slammed the draw, accidentally slamming her knuckles in with it. "fuck." she whispered before pulling away quickly.

it left a few deep cuts on her knuckles, and the pain was unbearable, but she dealt with it calmly. Kevin rushes over to help, but she pulled away and grabbed her clean bandages and began to wrap it up.

"it's too late dad," she faced him and tears filled her eyes. "i was okay with facetiming you once a week, maybe three if you're not busy. i grew accustomed to being here on my own, and i'd appreciate it if you and mom stayed out of my space and way." she removed her headband and began to walk away.

"your mother wants to rekindle our marriage," he sighed. "she thinks it'll be best for all of us,"

friday froze in her tracks, she was fuming.

"that's nice," was all she got to say before her anger became uncontrollable. "maybe this time you won't mess it up."

friday sped up to her bedroom and slammed the door shut.

"who does he think he is!? thinking he could waltz in here like he owns the place!?" she paced her room before pulling out her phone and calling someone.

-

pulling up to dragon's den, Friday hopped out and slammed her door shut, and whirled a kick to the nearby shrub, which ended up with her feet stuck between two branches.

"somebody's upset," she turned to face the voice, "didn't think you would've called me though," jennings said.

"shut up," she groaned and looked around at the empty track. "teach me to drift."

aiden jennings smiled. he had been close friends with friday ever since she started hanging out with his hoe of a cousin, elise. jennings admired friday, he may have a tiny crush on her, but he also had respect for her. she was basically the female version of him, whatever he can do, she could do ... probably even better. but, there was one thing she could've never done; drift.

"all this anger is making you risky now eh?" he raised a brow and pushed himself off of the hood of his car, and quickly grabbed her damaged hand. "pounded somebody's face in garrette?"

friday bit back a smile and slowly pulled away her hand. "maybe, it could be your face if you don't teach me to drift jennings."

aiden grinned before nodding and entered his car.

"what're you waiting for? get in your car and follow me," he revved his engine.

"where are we going?" friday asked .

"if you wanna drift, you need a proper drifting track. these corners aren't deep enough babe," he winked and pulled off.

"bet."