Chapter 2, Simulation Part 2

Yes I am still alive and kicking. I Got a new schedule at my job and  it's keeping me from updating  like I use to. I hope to reward your patience.

Officer Finch wouldn't call himself a good cop, he was lazy on the job fifty percent of the time during his patrols since the streets in this neighborhood were quiet and peaceful, besides for the occasional troublemakers committing opportunistic crimes like theft and trespassing, Those cases never lasted long enough to be investigated, this particular neighborhood is a close community where everyone knew everyone from either the grocery store, open cookouts, local bars and work. Least to say after being around each other on a daily basis, you start memorizing faces and body types. Usually it was someone who wasn't acquainted in the community and lacked participation in the events, that narrowed it down to the average junkie looking to find a way to sate his fix. They were fairly easy to find and apprehend when the good citizens of Vernal Park, pointed them in the right direction.

Finch was glad to be apart of the New York police force, one could say overly grateful. New York has grown to be a safe place in the world, an example of what a real human society should look like, robberies were rare, kids could safely walk the dark streets at night without staying close to the streetlights, the police departments had lazy days when the only killings they had to worry about is time. Not that Finch wanted more action he would prefer the big Apple any day instead of Metropolis. Their criminal base were comprised with meta humans who could turn the average man into a puddle on the ground . He'll leave the super-human brawls to the capes and spandex that can actually handle anything those super freaks could throw at him. Metropolis wasnt all bad but New York City was better hence the lack of hero activity here. But there was one place Finch he'll never go, he'd rather let his family become homeless than face fucking Gotham City.

No one should ever step into Gotham City and expect to come back clean. Psychopaths, Killers, Mobsters, the place was like Metropolis's abusive father who got sentenced to death row after cutting his wife's throat while she slept. Yes, being a cop in the NYPD is an ingenious and safe  career move for Officer Charles Finch , no superpowered criminals to endanger his easy-going life or his wonderful family.

BEEP! BEEP! A wailing alarm clock rang out as a large drowsy hand reached out to silence the piercing cries of the machine.

"That time already?" The man mumbled to himself as he opened his eyes to the darkened bedroom, before turning over in his bed.
To his great disappointment, it was indeed that time. It was nine pm, and he needed to get ready for work.

As the man took off his sparse night clothes he began the rather quick process of getting dressed, as he put on his plain white t-shirt, blue vest, black pants, plain white socks essential silver boots. He placed his NYPD Badge on his vest. As the last bit of his ensemble was complete, the man smiled at himself in the mirror.

He was a tall, middle-aged man with black hair , and blue eyes, sunkissed skin and a worn smile the displayed years of hard manual labor. As he stared into the dimly lit mirror, a smile crept over his sun kiss tan features as he regarded his Badge 'Charles Finch'

As Charles walked down the single flight of stairs in his two-story house, he noticed the light on in his kitchen and a lovely smell coming out from it. As Charles entered the homey kitchen a voice greeted him.

"Hey Dad!" His teenage daughter waved not taking her eyes off that new phone he brought her for her birthday two days ago. Tara Finch, she was beautiful just like her mother, chestnut skin and black hair tied back into a ponytail hanging on her left shoulder, and green eyes , grey denim jeans accompanied with a blue denim jacket with white undershirt.

"Morning Charlie,"  the stern but the affectionate voice of his loving wife Heather said as Charles felt his smile only depend as he saw his wife of two decades. She was stunning in Charle's  opinion. Like  him, she had brown sun-kissed skin, tall stature for a woman and was around the same age of him. Unlike him, however, she had long brown hair and piercing green eyes. She was a toned woman who Charles had loved his entire life and thanked God every day for her continued presence. He loved her more than anything, every stand of dust every drop of gold, even the stars in the sky paled when compared to the beauty he saw when he looked into his wife's  eyes.