Chapter 8, The Not So Great Escape Part 3

Blackfire was having the time of her life, she felt strangely cathartic leading a slave army against hordes of crazed space pirates, all she was missing now is a warhorse to ride into battle, she suppose the creature she was riding on now will do. The blue skinned alien she mounted was one of the biggest slaves on the ship, because of his massive size the pirates had kept his limbs bounded in iron chains while his neck was secured by a shock collar as a precaution. The slaves called him Big Blu for obvious reasons they kept him around for heavy lifting and carrying their cargo. Judging by the numerous elongated scars on his light blue skin he had received the same treatment as the others, he may have been abused for either their disturbed amusement or punished for acts of defiance. Blackfire chose the former, pirates preferred to break their prisoners first before selling them off as obedient dogs at the highest bidder, it made her angry to think about it, not because of the suffering the slaves endured since it wasn't her problem, but that these pirates thought to make her cowed and submissive to their buyer's demands, they dare to commit such a heinous crime against Tamaran's Royal Bloodline. She will punish these fools for their arrogance, a gruesome death Is what these filthy lizardmen deserve. She could hear it now, the cheers from the prisoners she so graciously saved, mixed in with the pleading pirates as they burned in her beautiful violet flames.

She didn't think the blue giant would mind her hitching a ride on his back, he certainly seemed preoccupied with crushing any stupid idiot who dared stood in his path. If Blackfire was being honest with herself, she didn't think her little army of slaves with zero combat experience would stand a chance against fully armed pirates, but she failed to take into account how truly fucking stupid these pirates are. They lacked organization or any real training, they were more like kids playing with toy guns, what were the prerequisites when hiring these buffoons? Pirates never really had high standards, you only had to hold a gun and look menacing and they could barely do that right. Both parties here are complete idiots in her opinion, the slaves for actually being caught by these jokers aside from her that is.

Although She had more respect for the slaves because one, they're actually putting up more of a fight, two was because she's in charge and that alone gave her a sense of pride, she was the one to inspire these savages to fight. She was impressed with some of them being able to use shivs with practiced ease, aiming for soft areas on the body like the neck and the eye, the slaves fighting barehanded attacked in groups overwhelming the lizard men with sheer numbers, Beating them into a bloody paste. Pirates armed with shock staffs managed to keep more ravenous slaves at bay but it was short lived when they were struck from behind, having their eyes slashed out by nails and claws.

Even the beaten girls from earlier were taking part in the uprising, plucking guns off the floor and shooting anything that resembled a lizard, one girl used all her weigh to tackle a heavier guard to the ground while clutching a shiv in her hand. Blackfire winced when she saw where the girl began to stab repeatedly , let's just say she knew that pirate intimately enough to target the weakest part of the male anatomy.

'You go girl, get your hits back.' Blackfire cheered her on mentally.

The sight of their crewmates being slaughtered would make any pirate feel queasy, it was kinda pathetic to watch their so called wardens flee from their own prisoners. She suppose the slaves deserved a little payback however, she knew how it felt to be driven from your home planet and into an unknown universe. Not to mention the constant torment they were pushed through by the pirates, they didn't appear too well fed either and that by itself is the worst decision any pirate could make. Whoever did so will definitely lose their job along with their lives. Even kidnappers had to follow a set of rules when owning another equally intelligent life form, one is having good restraints, two is watching them instead of trying to get a good fuck, and the third was very simple yet crucial.