Chapter 5, Simulation Part 5

Last chapter, people on Webnovel have been asking me what the hell is going on? Are they in an actual simulation and nothing is real? All will be explained in time but right now I hope you enjoy another slowburn. Seriously I need to write an actual fight scene next chapter.

Pain

Dwayne had never experienced pain like that in his life, how can he describe such a feeling? It was like someone dismantling you piece by piece and digging into your body with a  tool, slowly screwing rusty bolts inside you. Then hammering  a nail down in your chest until it fit snuggly in your heart. Next his skin was burning like acid being poured on a naked body and melting skin and flesh, all that was left is bone with a few specs of meat sticking to it as they began to scrape it away. Dwayne was aware to it all, his lungs had dried up long ago from the constant screaming. He felt something pushing out of his head until reaching the outside, he felt two extra appendages on his head. The fun part wasn't over since soon after the same happened to his back. His fingernails felt sharper, he scratched them on the metal slab he was struck to and was rewarded with a sound that resembled a knife being dragged across metal. What were they doing to him? His body felt warmer than a bear Cub wrapped in it's mother's embrace, but at the same time his body seemed...stronger?

Then the pain was gone.

Dwayne didn't feel like the same hormonal teenage boy, more like an Olympic athlete jumping over hurdles and performing front flips for the crowd. He felt his muscles fortifying through him, hardening into solid steel. He felt lighter than a feather being balanced on a pink flamingo's beak. If not for the restraints he would've been flipping like a gymnast and Speaking of restraints, how the hell will he free himself?

"Greetings human, has our link been established? Are you able to hear me?"

Dwayne's head snapped so fast in the android's direction that his neck almost broke. The android paid him no mind, continuing to work diligently on the console like a proper robotic slave would. "Hey dickhead, I'm not in the mood for your telepathy shit—"

"The Server droid did not speak, I had, human." The distorted voice echoed in Dwayne's head. Dwayne had finally checked out of sanity hotel, now boarding on flight 'bat-shit crazy' traveling to the magical land of 'losing your fucking mind.' There was only one logical course of action to take when you walk this path. Cry until the bad voices go away.

"Is there suppose to be a voice in my head?!" The Server droid neglected the teen, continuing to type away. "Answer me you fuck!"

"Fool, that is a Server." The voice returned, this time sounding a bit better, at first it sounded like someone trying to make a phone call while going through a tunnel. "Servers are the Praedon's robotic servants, they're used as cannon-fodder in warfare to record enemy strategies and offensive maneuvers. Upon their destruction, their acquired data is transferred to a Server Prime."

"What's that?" Dwayne asked, he truly didn't want to know but when you're trapped in an...alien ship? Base? Wherever he was. It starts to get boring after a while might as well listen to the voice in your head keeping you company.

"An AI system capable of creating newer models able to counter the enemy's tactics. What you see now is a default version of a Server droid, in time they'll be augmented to be more efficient killers."

Dwayne's conscience marked that as beneficial knowledge for humanity's survival storing it away for later use. His self preservation came back online warning him to stay clear of these psychotic terminators. "You know...an hour ago I was a normal teenage boy driving my bike to  school, continuing the cycle of a boring life. Funny how fast shit hits the fan."

"I sense...acceptance in you. You've given up already." The voice's words  gave Dwayne pause. Did he really give up? He likely had no chance to get out even with this newfound strength; something he should ask the voice about, His restraints are too strong making his efforts fruitless. How was he supposed to get out? "Perhaps I can be of assistance."