Chapter 1

"Die!" came the guttural roar from Kazuya as he unleashed the Rage of The Devil on Heihachi, his own father. In his mind, Kazuya saw images flash of his mother, the moment his father attacked him and threw him down a cliffside, and when he was left for dead at Hon-Maru.
As Kazuya descended from the sky, Heihachi rose again, a mountain of a man, old and exhausted, his age burdening him for the first time in 20 years.
"Why don't you die, old man?" groaned Kazuya, gripping his ribs, his gloves tattered and burning up from the aura of the Devil.
"Because I aim to rid the world of you and your blood... forever."
The Violet Systems satellite was trained on the battle happening in the gladiator arena of brimstone and fire, the old cliff from where Kazuya was thrown as a 9 year old now engulfed in a torrent of magma. In the control center, Lars, Alisa, Lee, and the journalist watched, while Jin, concious, stood in the shadows and walked out of the complex, his mind made up to pay for his sins as head of the Zaibatsu. His first sin? Miguel Rojo.
Seconds after Jin left, an extreme blow from Kazuya sent a shock to Heihachi's brain that stopped his heart and absolutely shattered the blood vessels in and around his brain, dropping to the ground backward, dead.
"The world is mine now... Father."
Kazuya lifted Heihachi and carried him to the edge. As he dropped him into the molten magma, Kazuya said only one thing,
"In a fight, there is only victory. Nothing else." As Heihachi's body burned up, Kazuya Mishima flew up, laughing as he was swallowed by the darkness of the sky.
In the decimated city, covered in plumes of smoke, fire and clouds, Jin stood in wait. He heard someone walk up behind him. It was Miguel Rojo de Sevilla. Jin had accidentally dropped an incendiary bomb on the chapel where Miguel's sister was being betrothed to another. Since that day, almost 5 years ago, Miguel had vowed to kill Jin but stopped after his disappearance from the face of the Earth after his battle with Azazel. Now, Jin stood, calm and patient, ready to repent.
Before Miguel even got close, Jin whispered,
"Kill me if you have to, but don't get in my way."
"Works for me." Miguel launched into his barrage of blows and knocked Jin down continuously, precariously throwing him at a wall, nearly breaking the barrier that served as protection from the 3 foot drop beneath.
Miguel Rojo dropped to his knees and beat Jin, scarring his cheek and splitting his lip.
"Kill me now," Jin groaned.
"No! I will kill you. One day. When you are full of hope, that day I will crush you."
As Jin got up and brushed himself off, Lars came up behind him and laid a hand on his shoulder.
"Reserve your energy. There's another battle awaiting you in the coming days but there's something you need to see back at the complex."
"See you there." With that, Jin dropped off the edge and immediately flew up, breaking through the clouds, his wings slowly creeping into white rather than a murky grey, his burden becoming a gift.
Lars watched from below, a smile appearing on his face for the first time in years.
"He's going to cry, you know?"
"For?"
"Seeing his mother alive and well after 14 years."