Chapter 3

"What? His mother? His only-"
"Yes, his only living relative who has exactly the same motive," Lee cut off a shocked and in awe Lars. The scars on his face from the countless battles making him look like a cartoon, "Jin's mother, Jun Kazama, is the sole survivor of Kazuya's rage other than Jin."
As they parked in front of the complex, Jin stood there, his hood off and his wings away. His eyebrows were in a quizzical frown, his head cocked to one side, the hazel eyes shadowed by his bangs and his arms crossed.
"What did you want to show me?"
"I'll explain as soon as we enter." Lars entered a code into a panel on the side and the glazed glass door opened silently and revealed a large crowd of scientists and men, gazing in wonder at something standing in the middle. As soon as Jin's foot landed on the steel grey tiles, the entire group parted into two even rows, giving way to a woman dressed in a yellowish-white dress, accented by the black at the hem of her shirt and scarf, her hands in dirty fighting gloves, similar to what Jin had on. Her jet black hair reflected the light which shined on her. Jin, Lee, and Lars walked through the silence towards the woman who was speaking to Alisa. For what literally seemed like an eternity, Jin walked closer, flanked by Lee and Lars. Jin squinted into the light and his eyes went wide, his mouth open in shock.
His memories were bathed in the golden glow of the sunset illuminating the home in Yakushima, Jin stood outside in the garden, the efforted grunts of a ten-year old punching and kicking at a brawl post.
"Jin? Come inside for dinner."
"Okay, mother!" The young Jin Kazama was so much more different than the twenty-one year old, carefree and very toned for a ten-year old. As Jin sat down, his mother smiling warmly at him.
"M-mother?" Jin called out, his voice quivering in anticipation and disbelief. The woman turned around to reveal Jun Kazama, a woman of forty years, but did not look like that at all, but seemed as if she was in her twenties, when she disappeared.
"Jin.. my son, I've missed you." Jin broke into a run and embraced his mother, tears running down his cheeks, his shoulders shaking as he dropped to the ground, trying to smile but failing as he finally felt safe from the cold world.
"I sense a great darkness in you. No doubt your father's doing. But he does not deserve to be a father, for he has done nothing but cause pain. He sent Ogre after me. To protect you, I had to hide. Then he came for you and imbued you with the powers of the devil."
"He- he killed Heihachi. Killed Heihachi in cold blood and dropped him into a volcano. He tried to kill me ever since I fought Heihachi at the end of the third tournament."
"Ah, yes. The King of Iron Fist, an absolute sham, a mock. But, what matters is that you have to train for the final battle."
"There'll be time for that later. How did you get here? Especially with the war at an all-time high?" Jin asked, puzzled.
"I brought your mother here, Kazama," came a crude, metallic voice, belonging to none other than Bryan Fury. The humanoid seemed to have gained some humanity over the last time Jin had seen him. His voice, crude and metallic, did show some emotion which was, no doubt, the work of Jun Kazama, a literal angel.
"I found her running from the wreck of the old Violet Systems building, some guy in a weird purple gi with some weird energy bursts coming from his body which were... inhuman-"
"The Devil Gene?" Jin asked, his fists clenching as Jun advanced forward and placed a hand across his chest, holding him back.
"No, it seemed like what you know as 'Ki' and was brutal. Nearly killed us, but we made it."
Jin could not help but feel anger at Akuma. It was one thing to go after his so-called father but his mother was an unforgivable sin.
"I'll be back. I promise." Jin said with finality, his gauntlets being restrapped to his arms.
"Jin-" Jun began to speak, concern growing for her son.
"Do not worry, mother. I'll be back soon and I will avenge grandfather and all the countless others dead because of my decisions and the war that Kazuya wages still."
With this, Jin left the building.

Nearby, a familiar man stood atop the roof of a desolate building. In the shadow, an eye glew red, and a laugh as familiar as anything rang in the immediate vicinty.
"So, you're still alive... Jin. And you, Jun, don't worry, I'll come for you soon enough." This man was Kazuya Mishima, The Devil Incarnate.