Pilot

<edited>

"You should go home, you always stay late." Quinten tells me from the door way of the police precinct as I sit at my desk.

   "I'm okay, really. I need to get this case done." I tell him and he sighs. Quinten has been a very important role model in my life. He's the man that taught me everything I know about being a detective. He's also been there for me these past couple of years.

   "You know Felicity won't go to sleep until you get home." He tells me and I smile and nod.

"Yeah, you're right." I say as I roll my eyes and start to pack up closing my binder and putting everything into my bag. My phone starts to ring and Quinten gives me a look.

"Who could be calling you at this time of night?" He asks me and I laugh and roll my eyes again, it's seems to be a constant action for me around Quinten.

"I'm a very popular girl." I tell him and grab my phone and see the Caller I.D reads 'Thea🤪🤬'. "Hey, Thea, I promise I'm ok. Just tell Felicity to chill out and stop bothering you. I just stayed late at work." I tell her and laugh, but slowly let it die out as I realize she is being very quiet.

"Em, I need you to get to the hospital, on west boulevard." She tells me and I immediately become serious.

"Thea, what happened?" I ask her and I can tell she's been crying by the soft breathing and sniffling on the other end of the line. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"It's Oliver... he's alive." Is all she says before I hang up and head out of the station, leaving Quentin very confused, and calling my name.

▪️▪️▪️

"You don't understand, I am family." I tell the nurse at the desk.

"I can't let you back there unless you are biologically related or have permission." She tells me and I run my hand through my hair getting stressed and annoyed.

"Please, I need to see-" I start but can't finish because someone cuts me off.

"Let her in." I hear and turn to see Moira before the nurse nods and I make my way over to her.

"Moira- Thea called me, she said he was alive. How is this possible? What's happening? Where is he?" I ask her tears gathering in my eyes and she pulls me into a hug.

"Come on, I'll take you to him." She tells me and I nod and we start to walk down the hall.

"Have you seen him yet?" I ask her as I wait outside of Oliver's room.

"I was in right before you came." She tells me and I nod.

"How does he look?" I ask her and instantly become nervous.

"Go in and see for yourself." She tells me with a warm smile and I nod. I walk toward the door and grab the handle before taking a deep breathe and opening the door.

When I go into the room I see him sitting on his bed staring at a window, his back to me. I walk more into the room before I'm about 5 feet away from him.

"Ollie?" I ask and I can hear the crack in my voice and when he turns to look at me I instantly smile.

He stands up and takes a few moments before walking over to me and pulling me into his chest and I don't even pause before I wrap my arms around his waist. I press my ear against his chest and listen closely and I know this is real when I hear his heart beating.

    "Emmie."

▪️▪️▪️

"Okay. What else did you miss? Super bowl winners; Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants again. A black president, that's new. "Oh, and "Lost," they were all dead, I think." Tommy says as I sit at the dinner table with Thea, Tommy, Oliver, Walter and Moira.