Legacies

<edited>

"Hey, I need you to call off tomorrow." Thea tells me over the phone.

"Okay, that works I'm still on desk duty thanks to Quinten. Why am I calling off?" I ask her.

"Brunch, with my family and my mom's friend." She tells me and I sigh.

"You know, with all this freak out at the station with an officer being shot, I don't think I can get out of it." I tell her as I walk into my apartment.

"You already said yes, be over here at 8 tomorrow so you can tell me all about why you are avoiding Oliver." She tells me and hangs up.

"Who was that?" Felicity asks pulling food out of the microwave.

"Thea, she wrapped me into Brunch with her family tomorrow." I tell her and she nods.

"What's wrong with that?" She asks me.

"So, I may have left out some details about that party at Oliver's." I tell her and she sits down on the couch with me and hands me a plate of mac n cheese.

"Go on."

"Well, before the guy came up and tried to kill Oliver, we were sort of making out." I tell her and I swear she dropped her fork.

"Oh, my god! That's awesome!" She tells me.

"No, it isn't. We're both sort of avoiding each other." I tell her and eat some mac n cheese. "I really don't want to talk about this." I tell her and she holds her hands up in defense.

"Okay, we'll just watch the movie." She tells me and I thank her.

▪️▪️▪️

"You guys made out!" Thea says squealing as I lay on her bed and she gets dressed.

"Pretty sure he wants to pretend it never happened. Because it seems like that is what he's doing. Now do you understand why I didn't want to come?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"No, you need to talk to him, so that you guys can date and then get married and I can finally have a sister." She tells me and I give her my best glare.

"Girls, our guests are here." I hear Moira call so we start to head downstairs to the dining room.

"Well, I'm sorry Walter couldn't join us." The lady says.

"Oh, yes, well the Australian trip came up pretty suddenly. He sends his apologies." Moira tells them.

"And where's Oliver? He's not out of town, too. Is he?" He asks us.

"Well, I'm sure he's just--"

"Stuck in traffic." He says walking in. "One of the things I didn't miss on the island, Sunday drivers. Sorry, I'm late." He says kissing Moira's cheek. "Emmie, I didn't know you would be joining us." He says turning to me.

"Yep." Is all I say in reply and move out of the way so he can kiss Thea's cheek.

"It is so good to see you. We all thought you were--" She starts but Moira cuts her off.

"Oh, well, we are just happy he's home."

"Hmm, and returning a celebrity, too." He says shaking Oliver's hand.

"How do you mean?" Oliver asks him as we all make our way to the table.

"Billionare scion castaway for five years. You know there is a bidding war for the rights to your life story." He says.

"Oliver, switch with me, sit next to Em." Thea tells him and Oliver nods before sitting in the chair next to me.

"Atleast that's what my agent says." He adds on.

"Agent? I thought you were a neurosurgeon, Carter." Oliver adds.

"I know. It's crazy, right? One minute I'm publishing this book on how long term potentiation initiates the creation of slow-moving protein synthesis and the next there's an agents trying to make me the next Dr. Oz." Carter tells us and I force a smile at him.

"Why would he want you to be a wizard?" Oliver asks and I laugh a little before turning to him.

"It's from 'US Weekly,' Ollie." I tell him and take a sip of my drink.

"Well, the truth, is I just feel it's our duty as Starling City's more fortunate to help those most in need." Carter tells us.

"Oh, of course."

"Wouldn't you agree, Oliver?" Carter asks him.

"You're the hero, Carter." Oliver tells him.

"How long have you two been dating?" Carter's mom asks us.

"Oh, we're only friends." Oliver answers right away.

"Right, friends." I add on quietly eating more food.

"Oh. So now that you're back, what are your plans? Will you be taking a job with Queen Consolidated?"

"I'm opening a nightclub." Oliver tells them making me and Thea stifle a laugh at his openness.

"Sir, your liquor distributor is on the line." Diggle tells him.

"Sorry. Business." He says standing up. "Talk later?" He asks me placing a hand on my shoulder and I nod and he leaves.

▪️▪️▪️

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the gala thing for Laurel. You could still hit like that last 15 minutes of it." Felicity asks me.

"Yes, I want to sit at home with my sister, eat lots of cheese and drink at least two bottles of wine." I tell her and she laughs.

"Okay, sounds amazing to me. Especially with all the weird things Oliver is asking me to find out for him." She tells me walking into the room handing me a wine glass and a bottle of wine.

"What?" I ask her pouring wine into my glass.

"He asked me to find a friend for him, someone he claimed to know before he was.. well dead. But when I was telling him information on him he seemed to just be hearing of it all." She tells me.

"That is strange." I tell her and take a gulp of my wine. About at the end of the movie there's a knock on the door. "It's almost 2:00 am, who is that?" I ask.

"I'll give you a guess." Felicity says with smile and I go to answer the door.

"Oliver, hi. What are you doing here, at 2:00 am?" I ask him.

"You said we could talk?" He asks me and I look at him wearily.

   "Did I mention it was 2:00 a.m?" I ask him.

   "Please, it will only take a minute." He tells me and I sigh and nod.

"Um, okay. Come on in." I tell him and open the door. "My room, is fine, Felicity is home." I tell him and he nods. I close the door behind me when he walks in and just lead him to my room. "So what did you want to talk about?" I ask him as I sit down on my bed and he sits down next to me. He gives me this look and I sigh. "Right, I already know." I say and he clears his throat.

   "So I've thought a lot about it and... I really don't have the time right now to be in a relationship. With opening my club and reconnecting with my family." He tells me and I nod quickly.

  "Yeah, I totally get it. We'll just forget, about the whole thing." I tell him forcing a smile. "Um, it's getting really late..." I trail off and he stares at me before nodding.

   "Yeah, I should be going. But, we're okay?" He asks and I nod and stand up after he stands up. Then I walk him out to the door. After he leaves I sit back down on the couch. I turn to Felicity with tears in my eyes and she has me lay down with my head on her lap.

   "I'm so sorry, Em." She whispers as she runs a hand through my hair.