CHAPTER 4 : FIRST MEETING

Aayat's pov

Oh my god, I am alone with him. What should I do? Should I start the conversation or should I let him speak?

He raised himself from the couch.

Why is he getting up? Does he want to leave?

Don't tell me I messed it up before it even started.

As he stood up he started walking towards me. I looked up and saw a gorgeous smirk on his face. He came and sat beside me.
"Astagfirullah." I murmured under my breath. What does he want?

I can't regret the fact that my stomach was in knots. He was so close to me, my palms became sweaty.

"Assalamualaikum." he uttered in his marvelous voice.

"Walaikum assalam." I replied in a very low tone.

"What's that? " he asked. His eyebrows came together as he frowned and got up.

I turned to look at where his eyes were fixed. A chill ran down my spine. I was terror-stricken as I spotted a big cockroach on the ground just few inches away from me. I jumped and caught whatever was close to me. And unfortunately, It was him. I caught his hand and tightened my grip around it in panic. Subsequently, I closed my eyes tightly.

"OMG OMG OMG, take it away. Please kill it. Kill it." I shrieked and suddenly I could hear him laughing. I quickly lifted my head , moved my hands from his body.

Ya Allah what have I done. 

"Oh no, it started crawling now." He exclaimed.

I was so frightened that I did the same stupid thing again.

"Please do something, please kill it, please." I cried.

He chuckled

"What?" I bellowed looking directly in his eyes

"Look at yourself." he responded with a slight curve on his lips.

I moved away from him. I have to be more careful about my actions.

Soon I watched him walk towards the cockroach and picked it up. What the hell is going on here?

"I knew girls were afraid of cockroaches but I had no idea that plastic could scare girls as well." he retorted with a grin.

I was never so embarrassed in my whole life. I felt so stupid that I turned and ran to my room and closed the door. I don't know why I fail to react confidently in these type of situations. I felt like I made a fool out of myself. Why did I run? Why didn't I say anything?

As I was busy in my own thoughts I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and it was Samra.

Perfect tyming.

"Assalamualaikum love." she said. "Can we meet?" She completed.

"Walaikum assalam. What happened hun? Is something wrong?" 

"Would I only ask you to meet me if something's wrong?"

Aayat chuckled before she spoke, "No. Now tell me what it is or else I'm gonna die with curiosity."

"I don't think you'll die so soon. You're too tough to die with curiosity but anyways I'm getting married." She proclaimed with excitement

"What? YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TOO? And yeah what do you mean by I won't die soon huh? Obviously I won't die soon. I've planned to irritate you for the rest of your life." I screamed into the phone.

"Wait What? What did you say first?" I could feel exhilaration, elation and curiosity in her voice.

"Lets meet and then talk." I declared.

"Ok, I am coming to pick you. Lets go to our spot. There's so much to discuss." she said.

I agreed and disconnected the phone.

I then messaged mom informing her that I am going out and will be back before 8 pm.

I used the back door to leave the house since I cannot take risk. I don't want to see him now. I've already embarrassed myself enough in front of him, now not more.

When I stepped out of the door I saw Samra waiting for me . Her house was just two blocks away from mine so it didn't take long . I went and sat inside the car and she couldn't stop herself from asking hundred questions. I told her to wait till we reach our destination. It wasn't far away. We just had to wait for about 7 minutes.

Soon we reached what we called our Bffs spot. A bench near a lake in a beautiful park. We chose this spot years ago. It was very much inside and people preferred to stay on the other side of the lake. It was a perfect place for us as we wanted a quiet place where only our voices could be heard.

We went and sat on the bench and Samra couldn't hold it anymore
"Who is he?" She shouted and it felt like my eardrums would burst.

I smiled and asked her to speak about her marriage first. It has been ages since she had been in a relationship with Ayaan and both the families were happy but Ayaan wanted some time to settle down and be ready. Now finally they will start a new life together. I am very happy for them.

"So when will the beautiful moment take place?" I looked in her eyes which were glittering with happiness.

"On 19th November." she explained every detail about it and then uttered, "Now enough about me, tell me about him. Who is he? Where did you meet him? Is he your mother's choice? How does he look? When are you getting married? She spoke like a flowing river without any end.

"Stop stop stop." I giggled and have answers to all of her questions. "He is aunt Muneera's son, my mothers childhood friend. It was all decided by my mother. When I reached home today, she told me about this. I had no idea that this day would turn out like this. His name is Izaan and he is quite good looking".

"Ahaan , good looking?

"Shut up." I said and kicked her.

"Ouch, what was that for? She shouted and took her revenge.

"Ouch." I said in pain.

"Now tell me what do you think about him?" She asked softly.

"I don't actually know. When I saw him I felt a connection . He has everything that I wished for." I explained then I told her about all the incidents that took place with him.

She started laughing.

"What?" I asked

"He looks quite interesting." She exclaimed. Still laughing at me.

"What do you mean?"

"His cheesy talks, the cockroach incident, what was he even thinking? Looks like he is very desperate, he couldn't wait to get married to you." She chuckled.

"I wanted to tell you something." I said in all seriousness.

"Yeah. What is it?"

"I don't know why his eyes were speaking a different language. I felt something wired like it's not what it looks like, those eyes were warning me. I am really Confused." I explained.

"At last , you found talking eyes." she joked. "After hearing this I could say he is perfect for you." she added.

This conversation lasted for one hour more and then she dropped me home. Dinner was served as I arrived, I ate and went to sleep. All the events that happened today were on my mind and I couldn't sleep properly and finally, after many hours of conversations in my thoughts, I drowned into deep sleep.

Izaan's pov

I couldn't stand her presence. I had no choice but to use that cockroach which was on her couch. Maybe it was his brothers but whoever's it was I am thankful. It brought me closer to my motive. I have to make her fall for me and I don't have much. I'm happy that it also made her run away from me.

I got up from my bed and walked towards the calendar on the left wall of my room near the closet. I took a marker and crossed day 1 which was today. I only have 40 days to make her fall in love with me and I will do anything to make it possible.