Chapter 1:The Reckoning

(August 31st 2010)
Mystic Falls High School was quiet, eerily quiet.

The door to a class room opens and in turn hundreds of mouse traps go off.

The teenagers in the class room look up to see that their friend Matt Donovan has set of the traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!"Caroline the vampire blonde of the group exclaims annoyed.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"Tyler the werewolf of the group inquires.

"Clearly"Matt one of two humans in the group replies.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year"The blonde vampire continues.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this"Elena the doppelgänger tells him.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this"Matt tells them.

"Caroline's making us"Bonnie the witch of the group tells him.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't"The blonde vampire starts her speech.

"And If we don't, we will regret it for the rest of our days"Cass other human sarcastically tells her.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care"Caroline tells Cass before sticking her tongue out.

Cass rolls her eyes.

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank"Tyler tells the group and then leaving.

"Come on Matt, lets go toilet paper the pool"Cass tells the other human boy.

She picks up her backpack and grabs Matt arm and pulls him out the door.

The blonde human and the brunette human walk down the hall way of the high school.

They can hear other future seniors chatting and giggling.

"So, how are you"Matt attempts to start a conversation with his friend.

"Would you like the truth? Or a pack of lies"The brunette asks nonchalantly.

Matt stops walking and turns to his friend.

"I'm serious Cassy. Are you okay?"Matt ask genuinely.

"I will be"Cass answers before continuing on.

The duo arrive at the pool and they both begin throwing toilet paper everywhere.

They are soon joined by Bonnie.

"This is fun, right?"The witch asks her friends.

"You sound like Caroline"Cass tells her.

"Come on, I am embracing her philosophy. You should be more into this"Bonnie explains to the duo.

"I know. Where's Jeremy tonight?"Matt continues.

"I haven't talked to him all day. We're having, um...He, uh, he told me about seeing Vicki"Bonnie reveals to the group.

Cass feels a weight lift from her shoulders.

"Thank the devil"Cass tells them.

The other two laugh.

"Ohh. Good, I'm glad that you know"Matt continues.

"I'm sorry. Is it weird talking about your sister like this?"Bonnie ask's timidly.