Chapter 6:The New Deal

(September 26th 2010)

It's been a week since homecoming and Cass is with Jeremy and Tyler in the woods, Jeremy has  crossbow and Cass has her bow and arrows.

Jeremy shoots a can with a crossbow and Cass lines up an arrow for her shot at a can.

"Nice shot!"Tyler calls out.

"So what's the point of this again?"Jeremy asks.

"The point is I'm pissed at Caroline, Bonnie dumped your ass and Cass has nothing to do. The point is to get drunk and shoot stuff"Tyler tells him.

"Profound. Alaric finds out I took this he is gonna use it on me"Jeremy tells them.

Cass rolls her eyes.

"No he won't Jer"Cass tells the younger Gilbert.

Cass shoot at her can and the arrow goes straight through the can.

Jeremy then reloads his crossbow.

"So what's the deal with that? He is like your guardian now?"Tyler asks.

"It's not really any of our business Ty"Cass tells her best friend.  

"It's fine Cass, yeah he sort of.  I think he feels responsible for us"Jeremy tells them.

"Do you like him?"Tyler asks prying more.

"Yeah. Yeah-I like him"Jeremy starts.

Jeremy aims his crossbow and Tyler is in way.

"You wanna move out of the way?!"Jeremy asks.

"I'm a hybrid, Gilbert. You can't kill me unless you cut off my head or rip out my heart. And you're not gonna do it with that lame ass crossbow and neither can Cass with her bow. Go ahead!! Take a shot! Unless you don't think you can hit me"Tyler tells the two.

Jeremy and Cass look at each other and smile they both aim their weapons and fire and Tyler catches both their arrows and smirks.

The trio decided to go to the Gilbert household Jeremy and Cass go inside, Jeremy heads to the fridge and Cass stands in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Just in time! We're cooking"Elena says happily.

"Sorry, we are just passing through"Jeremy says.

Cass waves awkwardly from the doorway and Elena smiles at her.

"Ah, well I thought we would all stay in, have a meal together like a typical, atypical family"Alaric says to Jeremy.

"Why?"Jeremy asks confused.

"Maybe because you got fired and you didn't tell anyone"Elena says and Cass feels the air in the room change.

"Ahh- look, can we do this later? me and Cass made plans with Tyler. He's right outside"Jeremy says.

"Oh wait! I understand hanging out with Cass but when did you start hanging out with Tyler Lockwood?"Alaric asks concerned.

"I don't know...Does it matter?"Jeremy asks.

"Yeah, Jeremy! It matters. He was sired by Klaus. He's dangerous"Elena says.

"He can still hear you. He is right outside. Besides you of all people are gonna lecture me on who I can and can't hang out with?"Jeremy says.

"What is with the attitude?"Elena asks."Yeah, whatever, this is lame. Come on Cass, Tyler is waiting"Jeremy says.

The two begin to leave but Elena stops them.