Chapter 3:Ghost World

(September 7th 2010)
The cold September air blows, as Cass sits in a tree helping Bonnie and Caroline hang up lanterns for illuminations day.

Cass has been to check on Matt but he has asked to be left alone and she has complied.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?"Caroline ask's.

When Cass was distracting Rebekah apparently Viki attacked Elena and Bonnie had to send her back again.

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here"Bonnie tells the human and vampire.

"Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that"Caroline says.

Cass rolls her eyes.

"There. You commented"Cass tells her sternly.

"Bonnie..."Caroline starts.

"What do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences"Bonnie replies.

"Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it"Cass tells her.

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it"Bonnie replies.

Just then Damon rolls up in his car.

"Greetings, blondie, Witchy, Artemis. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan"Damon tells them.

"What do you mean, why?"Cass ask's curiously.

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost"Damon reveals.

"What?"Bonnie ask's.

"And why would you think that?"Caroline ask's.

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu"Damon replies.

The blonde vampire and the brunette human turn and look at Bonnie.

"I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people"Caroline says.

"They can't"Bonnie says.

"Yeah, well, I don't have time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead. Whatever you screwed up, fix it"Damon says before driving away.

Cass then notices Matt on the other side of the road.

The trio walk over to Matt.

"I haven't seen Vicki, I swear. I sent her back like you told me to"Matt tells them.

"Are you sure? Because she has just as much reason to haunt Damon as Mason Lockwood does"Bonnie says.

"She's gone, Bonnie. If she was here, I'd know it"Matt tells her.

"Why do you think it's Vicki and not Mason?"Cass ask's.

"Because if any ghost other than Vicki Donovan has a physical foothold on our side, then that means Damon's right and something has gone really, really wrong"Bonnie explains.

"I've had enough of this ghost stuff to last forever. So you guys can leave me out of this one"Matt tells them.

Cass understands what Matt's going through as letting go of a sibling is incredibly hard.

A little while later and Cass is in the woods practicing her archery, the wind is blowing through her short hair.

Cass hears a noise behind her and turns immediately, her bow pointed in the direction the noise came from.