Chapter 1

Two Weeks Later...

Friday, January 3rd
New York Hospital

Monae Marie Brewster
12:45pm

Have you ever questioned god why? I asked him why many times that's all I could do, why I lose my baby why did I even get into that car accident? Why did it have to happen and to me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Have you ever questioned god why? I asked him why many times that's all I could do, why I lose my baby why did I even get into that car accident? Why did it have to happen and to me. I did everything in my power to protect my baby, I really wanted this for me for us. I couldn't understand why this kept happening to me, all I could do was question god, When you feel like you have it altogether but your world come crashing down I wish I could take it all back. I WISH IT NEVER HAPPENED!

"Mo— baby.. you alright?" I jumped out my stare looking up at David giving him a weak smile as he wore the biggest most beautiful smile at the fact that I was finally coming home today.

"Mm. Yes I'm okay" I told him shaking my head sitting up in the bed waiting for the nurse to come with the wheelchair to take me down stairs. I looked terrible but I didn't even care, I wore a sweat shirt some sweat pants my hair tied into a bun, bags under my eyes and I lost a lot of weight.

"The nurse should be on her way soon.. everybody excited that your coming home baby" David said sitting down next to me.

I shook my head not saying anything, I felt hopeless at this very moment. The day I found out my baby didn't make it I felt like god should have never woke me up from that coma I just wanted to be with my baby then maybe I'll still have him/her.

"Babe you know you can talk to me that's what I'm here for.. I know it's hard I don't want to keep pressuring you but don't leave me alone" David said to me since I haven't said or done much since he told me our baby didn't make it, the only thing I did was cry that's all I could do.

"I know.. it's just— it's just a lot right now I promise I won't" I told him and the nurse came in with the wheelchair smiling, why was everybody smiling it was nothing to smile about.

"Today is the day...Are you ready to go?" She said and I nodded my head, Dave grabbed my left hand as I looked down at it my ring wasn't there they told me it messed up during the crash.

"We getting you another one babe" Dave said noticing my look, felt like my soul went with that accident. The only good thing that I can say that came from it was the support that I received I truly appreciated that but it doesn't change the fact that my baby didn't live in me and with me.

I sat in the wheelchair and put my head on my arm and just looked around wearing this fake smile as everyone were saying their goodbyes. When we made it out David car was sitting right outside waiting for us, he helped me in the passenger seat and I put my seat belt on immediately Dave jumped in right away after he put our bags in the back.