Chapter 2

Four Weeks Later

Thursday, January 30th
Monae & David's House

Dave East
4:45pm

I jumped up hearing my alarm going off mad crazy from my phone, I looked around for it and found it to shut it off

I jumped up hearing my alarm going off mad crazy from my phone, I looked around for it and found it to shut it off. Before I made a move I looked around my studio that I had build into our new home and took a deep breath, yet another night sleeping in here alone we'll it was evening now but when you get no sleep this what happens wake up in the middle of the day.

I wiped my face and stood to my feet, I only had a few of my niggas come last night didn't need everybody in my crib and at a time like this I needed some type of laugher our new house just felt Cold. Seeing that everything was empty I left out, I didn't even know they had left I was that fucking tired.

I made my way up stairs to our bedroom seeing that the door was closed completely, I opened it seeing the room dark as it could be instead of the light that was coming in from the outside I looked towards Monae seeing that she buried herself under the covers once again yeah since she been home this what was going on.. she haven't been eating, wasn't getting out the bed unless she had to piss, barley was taking a shower most times she slept all day and didn't want to be bothered but I wasn't complaining because I never left her side I was doing my job as a husband even when she didn't want to do most things I took it upon myself to do it, I tried to forcefully get her out the bed but that shit never worked even though it was getting overwhelming for me I was still trying to hold on for her sake.

I knew how real depression was and I figured that's what my baby was going through so I was here for her but what about me? I didn't want to seem selfish but this was a lot for me as well.

I walked over to the side of the bed and looked down at her, I sat in front of her and gently pulled the covers back seeing her hair was all over her face she definitely needed to get her hair done Moe knew she'll have a fit if her hair wasn't done that's how I know she wasn't herself I smiled seeing how beautiful she still was and Kissed her forehead softly, she never moved.

"Babe?" I called out her name I said it again knowing she was in a deep sleep.

"Beautiful" I said this time and she answered to my surprise.

"Mhm" She answered with her face still down.

"Can you get up for me?" I asked her, this was the same question I asked for the last month.

"No" She told me and I took a deep breath.

"I love you moe but you can't keep doing this, I know how you feeling babe trust me I do but you have to try to get back to your regular self—"

She jumped up for the first time out the bed in forever without having me to do it for her. "I wish you stop saying that shit.. I will never be the same again— my baby died! Just leave me alone David FUCK!" She said yelling at me and stormed off to the bathroom, I was hella shocked because she never really raised her voice at me or even cursed me out.