Chapter 7

Next Morning..
February 20th

Monae "MOE" Brewster
7:30am

"Good morning beautiful" David said in my ear and kissed the side of my neck.

I rolled my eyes and hated that I even rolled my eyes, I didn't want to feel disgusted with him but it was turning into that. I just had opened my eyes so that only meant he was already up watching me.

"Good morning.. you still here?" I said getting up out his hold and throwing the covers back. I was completely sober and definitely was well aware of last night well most of last night, either way I was still upset that I ran into ruby. Our business was all over the internet everything was completely embarrassing for me to cheat is one thing but it's a recording of you fucking someone else that's forever gonna be around.

"Mo" He stressed shaking his head.

"What!" I said back.

"Why you being like this.. allow me to make it up to you" He said to me.

"No David.. I need space"

He smacked his teeth. "Boo you don't need no space, we can work this shit out together.. that's what we plan to do right?" He questioned me as I stood there but I didn't say anything I sat there with my arms crossed watching him as he sat on the bed.

"Right?.. right?" He questioned again looking at me with sad eyes.

"Right boo?" He asked softly like his heart just broke because I still didn't respond.

"Why you keep trying to leave me, I don't want you to leave me.. I need you" He said grabbing my arms pulling me into him to hug me.

"No you don't"

"Yes I do, and stop acting like we don't need each other—"

"You didn't need me, you made it your choice to cheat, you cheated because you wanted too— you didn't need me if you needed me we wouldn't be here now!" I cut him off getting hyped up.

"I needed you and you left me in the dark" He yelled back at me.

"don't sit here and act like I didn't apologize to you about that.. I was ready to get back to us but you already made your choice with giving up on us you showed me by doing that" I told him.

"We never gonna get back to where we were if we don't understand each other— which I don't know If I ever will, I can't understand why would you do that to me.. me David, if you needed me as much as you say..you wouldn't have connected with another woman" I told him calming down a little, I needed some time and space I needed him to allow me to get that.

"But you know me babe, outside our marriage you know the man that I'am we worked out things before we can do it again" He told me.

"I don't think so David" I told him and it got silent between us.

"So what about us" He asked me.

"I think.. we should be.. separated" I told him just looking at him.

He dropped his head for a second just standing there, seconds later he grabbed my hands.