Cayde-6

He was an interesting exo, I was attracted to him almost instantly. I bet he has women all over him. That made me feel useless. I bet I was nothing compared to all of the other women guardians out there. Beautiful Hunters, independent Titans and Magical Warlocks. Me, I have a story on why I have a ghost. Mother knows I have one, it's because we use to live on the outside but I don't remember it. We were attacked by something called fallen. She said I died in the cross fire. She found me laying there. My father also was killed from it, I feel so guilty that I survived because of the Traveler. I zone back into Cayde. His eyes were such a pretty blue. I could get lost in them.
Whoa what am I thinking.
"Whenever your free Cayde I'll take you up on it." He looks like he smiling on the inside. "It's a date" I smile over to him. "Alright well thank your Mr. Cayde. I have to head out now. I'll see you later." He grabs my hand once more.
What the hell is going on? I get all nervous when his hands are on me.
"How do I contact you?" I look at him with a nervous look and bite me lip. "Just surprise me with a visit. We have the only flower shop on the north of the city. So just stop in." He let's me go. I can feel my heart rate start to get slower. "Just don't be upset when I come surprise you." I take a few steps up towards the courtyard. "Never I'm not a women to get upset like that." I giggle and step up a few more. "I'll see you later Em" I wave at him at take the rest of the up to the top. I walk back into the hall. There was the other guy I talked to earlier. He was talking to some guardians. I wave to him. He nods back. I leave him to his business. I head back over to the hangar to go see a new friend.

Cayde's POV
What in the hell Cayde! Get your self together buddy! Just because the most beautiful women you see stand right in front... wait.. I got a date.. with a human!
I look at my hands and take off my gloves. I put them on the table and just examine myself. How can someone think I'm attractive. I'm just a hunk of metal. I put my hands into fists. I see all of the components in my hands working together. I sigh. "Alright let's get back to work.." I tell my self. For the next hour I examine the map. "Cayde is that all you do in your free time?" Ikora Ray is standing at the end of the table. Her hands are folded in front of her. "Now now Ikora. This is my favorite thing to do in my free time. It's all I did before the vanguard consumed my life." I say proudly. She laughs a little. "I'm glad to see your still at it." I look over at the flowers and think of Ember. "Oh Ikora. A beautiful girl named Ember dropped those off for you." She looks over her tablet "Thank you for taking them for me Cayde."
I wonder if I could get the address for the shop from Ikora.
"Hey Ikora... do you think you could tell me the address to that place. I'd like to get some flowers for some one." She looks over at me shocked. "Gotta date Cayde?" I rub the back of my head. "Ahh yeah actually" I hear big titan feet heading my way. "Don't tell big guy either" she laughs "I won't do that to my favorite hunter." We both get back to work. "Zavala! Hey! Your late!" He looks at me serious. "You two were just early. Alright let's hear the progress for the day" I knew right then it's gonna be a long week.

Embers POV
I walk down the stairs back to the hangar. I see Amanda working on the ship still. It's huge. Has a poison green on it. Shimmers when the light hits it. I didn't wanna scare her this time. So I walk around the ship and wait for her to notice me. I run my fingers along the metal.
I wonder if this what Cayde feels like? Underneath all that armor.
I stop. I just met the man and he's already in my thoughts. I sigh. "Hey! Your back!" Amanda is wiping her hands on her towel. They were all greasy. "Hey." I'm still in awe in how big this place is. "I still cant believe that this is your first time ever up here" I let out a little laugh. "Yeah believe it or not." She stops what she doing. Puts down her tools in hand. "Where have you been then under a rock?"
"Actually no.. just in the city with everyone else."
Can I trust her?
"Hey Amanda. Could I show you something?" She looks at me surprised. "Yeah my apartment is right above the hangar. I was done for the day anyway. Greg! I'm done. Don't do anything stupid!" I hear a mans voice come form . "Sure thing boss" I follow to her apartment. Once we were at her door. She opens it and walk in. "Well come on in." She waves me in. "Don't be shy"I walk I and take in the room. It was more then I expected from a mechanic. It was decorated all boho. I like it. She has good taste. She had a wall of plants. The big glass windows gave so much more life to the room. If I could have my own place this would be it. "You wanna drink?" I look over at the kitchen where she is. "Yeah that would be nice" she gets a bottle of wine out and whiskey. "Whats your poison of choice girly." I've had both before. I point at the whiskey. She looks surprised. "Good choice." She pours us two glasses of whiskey. "Makes your self at home Ember. Sit where ever you like" We both hear a knock on the door. "Lemme grab that really quick." She walks over towards the door. I look over her books on her book shelf. She has lots of things on mechanical things. But the ones from the golden age catch my eye. Things of simple times. I let my trace each binding of each book. One reads The Notebook. I take it out and look at the cover. I hear her having a conversation with some one. She tells them to come on in.

Cayde's POV

I run over to Amanda's apartment quickly. She like my best friend. Repairs me when needed. I knock on her door. My metal hands make everything so loud. My mind keeps drifting over to Ember. Just her snow whiter hair and her green eyes are really something. Her personality is just my type. Sweet and innocent yet sassy. Amanda opens the door. "Hey!" She has a drink in hand. Just what I need. I grab it. "You know I could get you one to" I chuckle "Nope, I'll take yours instead." She smiles "Come on in" I turn the corner and there she is. Looking at books. She looks interested in the one she has in hand. A reader just like my self. She looks up at me. She has the most beautiful eyes I'd seen. Right then and there I knew she was trouble for me.