Sing Me to Sleep

They drove home, they started to sing again. They got lucky and all the songs on the radio were good. Both times. Great luck. 

Soon, Link had stopped singing along. He was starting to get tired. Link sat back and Rhett continued until he finished the song, noticing Link had stopped. Rhett reached over and turned the volume down and continued to drive as he listened to the songs playing and the ads that played every few songs. Link soon drifted asleep. 

When they got to Link’s house, Rhett waited for a second then looked at Link. 

“Link?”

No answer. He was asleep.

Rhett softly nudged his shoulder. Link moved a bit but didn’t wake up. Rhett got out of the car and walked over to the other side, opened the door and shook Link carefully. 

Hmm…” Link softly hummed but didn’t get up. 

Rhett let out a deep breath and put his arm under Link’s legs and gingerly got his other to the top of his back and picked him. When he got him out of the car, making sure to not hit his head on the car, he kicked its door shut. Link moved slightly, resting his head on Rhett’s shoulder. Link was only 7 inches shorter than Rhett, so he struggled a bit to carry him. 

Rhett got to the door and just looked at it for a second. There was a code he had to put in. Rhett knew the code, they trusted each other enough. Rhett’s hands were a bit full, though. Looking down at the boy who’s glasses were down the bridge of his nose then back at the code, he had to lean down without dropping his childhood best friend and punch the code in with his nose. It worked. He then had to find a way to open the door. 

Rhett stood straight up again and looked at the door handle. He moved his arm and turned it. Rhett froze when he knew he turned it enough. Backing up, the door opened. He let out the breath he held and backed up to be able to get himself and Link in without hurting either of them. He got in and kicked the door shut. Rhett knew his way around the house, they visited each other quite a bit. 

Rhett walked over to Link’s room. The door was shut. He wasn’t going to try to open that. Rhett turned around and walked over to the sofa. Rhett put Link down onto the sofa and took his glasses off of his and folded them up and put them onto the table next to the sofa. 

Rhett grabbed a blanket off the back of the sofa that he always assumed was there for aesthetic. He held it out so it would unfold and threw it over Link, keeping it off his face. 

The taller male then left and went home.