Lovely Nightmare

Link woke up the next day to the sound of knocking at his door.
"Mmmm Be right there!" He called out.
Link searched for his glasses for a second before placing them over his eyes.
Link went and peeked out the door before opening it.
"Hey, man." He said as Rhett welcomed himself inside.
"Hey. Would have just walked in but I knew you'd still be asleep." Rhett commented.
Link nodded, going off to get ready before heading back to his best friend.
"You didn't go straight to the studio?" Link asked.
"Well, I would have but you would not have." Rhett said.
Link seemed confused.
"I brought you home last night, sleepy head."
"Shit." Link cussed under his breath as he followed the taller boy out to the car.
Rhett started up the car, handing Link a phone.
"Oh." Link took his phone. "Where was it?"
"Right where you left it. On the dash." Rhett answered, driving out and tword the studio.

Soon they were recording. Then recording again. Then fixing recording. Then waiting for the edited video to come out. Soon it was done and being reviewed.

Rhett looked over, seeing Link laying down on the sofa.
Odd.
He went to sleep really early the night before and slept in a bit that morning.

Soon Rhett walked over.
Chase looked up seeing him going over, as he was the only one that paid attention due to the others being focused on their work.
Chase then looked back down, letting them be.

Rhett sat by Link, who didn't budge.
Then Rhett realized that he was asleep.
"Link?" Rhett said, nudging him.
Nothing.
"Link, I know your not dead." Rhett continued to nudge him.
Soon Link's eyes started to open.
"Hm?" Link looked up at Rhett, a smile growing on his face. "Oh, hey man, sorry."
"Link, are you alright?" Rhett asked as Link sat up.
"Yeah, why?"
"C'mon, man, I am not an idiot. What's bothering you?" Rhett asked.
"It's nothing, really. Why are you asking?" Link questioned him back, fixing his glasses.
"You have been really tired lately. I saw you nearly fall asleep in the middle of recording today." Rhett said.
Link hesitated. "Sleep schedule is off, I guess?"
"Link..."
"I haven't got any sleep for a week, I crashed yesterday in the car with you but that wasn't enough to get me going again." Link blurted out.
"Link! Why didn't you sleep?" He asked.
"Because I can't. I am up all night, I try to sleep but my mind has been being really weird lately thinking about stupid, crazy, exotic things and it won't stop, if I try to think about anything else my mind makes that about y- those things." Link blurted out more.
"What is it, man?" Rhett asked, looking down.
"...elephants." Link lied.
"Elephants?" Rhett couldn't help but burst out laughing.
"Hey! Elephants are amazing!" Link said.
Soon Rhett ragained himself.
"What has been bothering you?" Rhett asked.
"...I have been thinking about... someone." Link admitted.
"Someone? Wh- Who?" Rhett asked, his voice seemed choked.
"A person, someone I really like, this person is amazing and-" Link shut himself up.
Rhett seemed hesitant. "But who is it?"
"That's for me to know." Link said childishly.
"Damnit, man." Rhett shook his head a bit before standing up and walking off.
"Rhett?" Link called out but received no response as the tall male just walked out, looking at his phone.

"O-oh." Link looked down.
Did he say something wrong?

Soon Link was driving himself home. His eyelids were getting really heavy again, nearly falling asleep.
Link knew better than to keep driving. He pulled over and leaned back.
Soon he opened his eyes and saw that his car had already turned it's self off.
Link let out a long breath, looking at the time.
7:58 PM.
Shit
Link looked down at his phone.
13 missed calls and 5 texts messages.
Link looked at the text messages first.
3 from his kids, whom he quickly replied to, 2 from Rhett.

[Rhett] Call me
[Rhett] Link, you better call me back right now.

T

hen his phone started ringing again.
Link picked up.
"Sorry, Man, I-" Link got cut off.
"Do you know how long I have been calling you? I thought something happened to you!" Rhett blurted out.
"I- I am sorry. I fell asleep again." Link said.
"I went over to your house to drop off that hat you left at my house that one time and to apologize for abandoning you earlier I- was going to grab the hat for you and didn't think to tell you I would be right back then I got a call and had to go pick up Shep, he got sick at school today." Rhett explained.
"Oh, hope he feels better." Link said.
"Yeah, he is doing better now. But when I got to your house and you were not there I got worried and... where are you?" Rhett asked.

Link looked around.
Where was he?
"Good question." Link said.
"Link, are you okay? Where are you?"
"Hm- On a road. Well, pulled over. I do not recognize this road. I have no clue how I got here and... holy shit, Rhett, I see something!" Link panicked, sinking into his seat a bit.
"Link, send me your locati- n-"
"Rhett. You're breaking up-" Link panicked, quickly getting out of the call screen and sending his location to Rhett.
"C- ou- m-" Rhett's voice mixed with the phone's cutting out sound before the call went dead.
Link tried to call back, then his phone died.
Link panicked, sinking further into the seat, putting his phone down.

"Rhett, hurry up..." Link muttered to himself, looking at his feet rather than the shadow figure in front of him, at least 3 miles away but moving.

Link silently panicked for what felt like forever, but it was only about 25 minutes.
Then he heard a sound behind, seeing lights reflecting in his mirror and windshield.