Let's Talk About That

What was it?
It had been about two years and the duo hadn't said a word about a romantic relationship.

Something was up and everyone knew.

Something changed everytime Link and Rhett looked at each other. There was something new. The fans were loving it. They knew something happened... or was happening... that they didn't talk about. The fans really wanted to know.

"Rhett!" The innocent-sounding male voice called out.
"Eh?"
"Look at this..."
Rhett came over and looked at Link's phone.
"Shit" Rhett swore.
"How did someone get this?" Link asked.
"Night went great, we are being stalked now?" Rhett commented.
"Well, that makes me feel better! That night was really special, who knew someone was spying on us." Link huffed.
"Don't worry, someone must have just been at the right place at the right time and managed to get a picture." Rhett reassured the shorter male who just nodded.
"What do you wanna do about it?" Link asked.
Rhett grabbed Link's hand.
"Look at that. What does that mean to you?" Rhett asked, pointing at the boy's ringed finger.
"That we will stay with each other no matter what." Link's voice was shaking.
"No matter what." Rhett said, leaning down as he kissed him. "Are we going to let anyone else break that, if the entire world knows or just us?"
"No."
"Exactly. Now, we better get this sorted before the entire internet starts throwing stuff around." Rhett said.
Link nodded, looking back down at the phone.

It was a picture taken of Rhett on one knee, a box in his hand opened to show a ring to Link, who of course was freaking out.

Link chuckled at the picture. At least there was that picture for memory-sake. Not that he would ever be able to forget that moment.

It was not long and the duo was posting about it, confirming and declining statements, answering questions, and replying to the support they got, ignoring the hate.

By the next day, it was almost fully done as they went to the studio.

"I am getting married" Link said.
"I am, too." Rhett followed him up.

"Let's talk about that."