Chapter 7: The Apartment

Is this the right address or is Archer just messing with me? I'm currently standing in front of an expensive looking apartment building because Archer texted me it's where he currently live. I asked about the house where he held his party but he said it was just a venue for the party and not where he actually resides. Sure he's a spoiled rich boy and they probably have so much real estate properties but I'm not so sure if this is one of his pranks to embarrass me. In the end, I went inside the building. If he's not living here, I'm doing the project by myself.

"Excuse me." I decided to ask the doorman to officially confirm his residence. "Is there a guy named Archer Reid who lives in the building?"

His face lit up with familiarity. "Are you by any chance, Theodore Martin?" he asked.

"I guess so?" What kind of answer was that? "I mean, yes. I'm Theodore."

"Mr. Reid is expecting you."

So I guess, Archer was telling the truth after all. He told me the directions to the bastard's apartment. After that, I said my gratitude before searching for Archer's unit. I texted him that I was already in the building to which he replied with a like emoji. Finally, when I reached his floor level, I saw him standing on the entrance, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed feeling like a supermodel.

"Welcome Sam Thirnton." he said as a greeting remark.

"Haha so funny." I replied dryly. I learned that the best way to stop people from teasing you is by reacting indifferently from their quips. He never made a follow-up comment and he closed the door. I observed the entirety of his apartment. Looks clean, the opposite of what I was expecting.

"Just how many properties does your family own?" I asked out of curiosity.

"A lot." 

"And do you actually live here or just another venue for studying?"

He sat comfortably on the sofa. "Yes, this is where I live.

 "Funny. I always thought you were the fraternity bro type of guy."

He smiled sarcastically. "Wrong again. I left dorm after freshman when the university allowed us to live off campus."

"Any roommates?"

He contorted his face in disgust. "I can't imagine myself living with one."

"Look at that! We finally have something in common." I cheered. "If you tell me you're secretly an introvert, I would totally lose my mind."

He let out a chuckle. "Oh Teddy, Teddy, Teddy. We don't exactly have anything in common. Do you know why I decided to rent an apartment alone?"

Embarrassed as I was, I decided to entertain his question. "Because people are annoying?"

"Try again."

"Because it's more conductive for learning?"

"Are you even using your brain?"

I shrugged as a resignation. He then moved closer to me making me uncomfortable all of a sudden. But I was stunned when his face got closer to my cheek. 

"Because it's easier to get laid when no one can hear you having sex." he whispered to my ear. His warm breath sent shivers down my spine.

I felt myself flush instantly while he laughs like a fucking maniac as he slaps the sofa with his hand.

"Anyway, how can I expect a virgin to know the answer." he added to tease me in between snickers.

"I am not a virgin." I mumbled. I don't understand why people doesn't like to disclose being a virgin but would proudly announce to the world that they just got laid.  

"You live with your parents right?"

"Yes. And so? It helps save cost."

"And do you bring someone home while your parents can hear you get laid? Come on Theodore. Stop making up stories. You're a bad liar." 

Damnit. I can't believe I fell for that trap!

I hit his face with a throw pillow. Not the first time I did it. Probably the only thing I'm good at.

 He never stopped laughing and it's starting to get in my nerves so I stood up." Excuse me, where's the bathroom?" 

He continued to taunt me now almost teary eyed from laughing. 

"Never mind. I'll find it myself." 

I left him alone and chose the nearest door which I think would be bathroom. Thankfully, I chose the right one. I opened the faucet and washed my face with cool running water to cool me down. Once done, I observed myself on the extensive mirror in front of me. My face hasn't returned to its normal color yet. 

I mean what's wrong with being a virgin? Why would I feel embarrassed when I should be thankful I might not contract any sexually transmitted diseases? Okay. That was a lame excuse. Sex must feel good. If it's not, why is it overrated? Too bad I'm a closeted gay man, or probably bisexual or whatever but I'll never know because I'm too shy to come out of my comfort zone and just maybe interact like a normal human being and invite someone on a date.

My eyes landed on his toothbrush. I'm tempted to dip it in the toilet but I wouldn't actually do it. Just some imaginary revenge thought. I was about to go back to his living room when I saw the other door on the left probably leading to his bedroom. My nosy self made the decision of opening it. His room looks fancy and clean. I was not expecting the latter but he sure appears to be someone that likes cleaning. It's such a shame that my room is messier than his.

I was about to return to the bathroom when I caught a familiar paper on his table. It looks like the same white card stock that was used to print the X-mark. Before I could even check the paper, I was startled when the door to his room opened that I almost jumped.

I slowly turned around in embarrassment for me to see his expression. My, my, he doesn't look pleased.

"Do you always go to places without permission?" he sounded annoyed but it's a miracle I wasn't intimidated anymore comparing to the first time he caught me at their veranda.