Nᴜᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Dom finished reading out his notes. I sat and listened, half asleep I admit. "How are they?" Dom asked me. I nodded and without a word stood up. I walked up to my recording room. As I opened the door I looked back to Dom and Adam, "come on then" I said as I walked in. They both stood up and walked inside.

I unlocked the booth and walked in. "Put your phone here" I said pointing to my lyric pad holder. He placed the phone with the noted in it down. "Okay now get out kindly" I said with a smile on my face. He gave me a smile then left the booth, shutting the door behind him.

I looked to the wall pad behind me. It was basically a big iPad but just had my un finished music on it. I scrolled through some sounds I had already made.

I clicked on one named 'mp4 7kl'. The music started playing and I put on my headphones, placing my mouth next to the microphone.

I read through Dominic's notes and started free styling. Some ideas were his and some were mine. Obviously I left out a big chunk for Dom to sing, and whilst we were in the break for Doms part I looked over too the boys. They both looked, gobsmacked. I'm really not sure why, every artist worth there stance can freestyle a song.

The song finished up nicely. I walked out of the booth and sat down. "What do you think? Does it fit your idea?" I asked the boys. I knew for a fact I was coming off like a dick, like I didn't care about this song. To be honest, I didn't care about this song. I didn't need to do it, oh hell I didn't even want to do it. It's basically charity work.

"Really good." Adam said his face not moved an inch from his previous expression. "How did you freestyle that entire thing?" Dominic asked me. I shrugged, guess he wasn't exactly an amazing artist. "It's a basic skill, did you not learn that?" I asked him a bit of sarcasm flowing through. "Are you challenging me?" He asked me. Was I challenging him? No. I wasn't. "Am I?" I said back. He raised his brows as time and walked into the booth.

A little rude of him to just walk on into MY booth. He started playing with my iPad. What the fuck did he think he was doing?

Turns out he knows how to work those iPads. Dom gave me a challenging look, I just shook my head at him.

The song ran through, my words bouncing through the speakers. It got to the part Dom was suppose to start singing. His words started spitting through the mic.

His voice was raw and quite soothing actually. I liked it.

Guess I was wrong, his part of the song came out beautifully and the words ran like fingers through silk. 

He left the booth. I clapped my hands, "guess I was wrong" I said admitting my faults. Adam praisesd Doms work. "Perfect man" he said as he stood up pulling Dom in for a bro hug.

"Okay sit down" I said to the still embraced boys. They released the hug and sat. "Let's talk music video" I said. Dom nodded and seemed to get excited. "Okay I've got an idea" he said.

Dom ran through his ideas, giving me every detail I didn't care about. "Okay sounds good" I said to him. "Do you not have any ideas?" He asked me. "Won't lie I didn't even know I was doing a song with you till like an hour ago so no" I said abruptly. They both nodded.

"You don't seem into this very much" Adam said. I gave him a quick laugh. "I'm sleep deprived, food deprived, socially deprived and I know as soon as you leave I'm gonna be back in that fuckin dance studio working till I literately cannot stand. So im sorry if I seem a little off" I said to the boys. They both kind of took it with ease.

"I'm sorry" Dom said. A little bit of guilt hit me as soon as the innocent words came out of his mouth. I guess I forgot how to speak to people properly, and I had been a complete dick to these guys and they didn't deserve it.

"Oh shit no I'm sorry, I've been a complete dick" I said to the boys, they both nodded. "You have been a dick" Adam said causing an eruption of laughter. "Thanks for the honesty mate" I laughed at Adam.

Laughter turned to silence. "So if you can go away tonight and just plan out the video you can bring it to me tomorrow and we can arrange a date" I said to Dominic as I stood up. They both stood up too. "Yeah I can do that" Dom said.

"Il show you guys out then" I said as I led them out of the recording studio. We walked to the front of the building.

"Okay bye" I said as I gave Adam and Dom both goodbye hugs. They returned the hug and started to walk away.

I turned to go back to my studio before I heard Dom, "oh shit wait" he said as he heard him run behind me. "How do I contact you?" He asked me. "You can email me" I said to him. He nodded, "email address?" He asked. "Ask your manager" I said. He nodded and went back on his trot.

That was most likely the most human connection I've had in months. It was nice I guess, and they were both nice lads.

I took myself back inside. I went to my dressing room and locked the door.

I had to get some pills.