prologue

I made my way up the stairs .I could here my mother and Ms.harrington chatting. The mansion was almost as I remembered it, a few renovations had been made but I still recalled and knew my way around the place. I stopped at his door it was the same, I knocked. A few seconds later, a small crack formed a thick eyebrow and eye ball could be seen peaking through.

" you " . He said an annoyed tone in his voice

"Yeah me." I responded he opened the door wider

" what did my mother send you in here to recruit me into your cult?" He questioned I pushed past him and entered the room.

" well come on in" . He said sarcastically the room was completely different from the last time I'd been in here. His racecar bed had now been replaced with a beautiful mahogany California king set. Where the Mickey mouse and scooby doo stickers decorated the wall now hung fresco and primitive art pieces that no doubt myles painted himself.

" she sent me up here to talk to you , if I could somehow get you back on the path of righteousness that would be good to". I stated I set my backpack down on the nightstand.

He let out a scoff
" is that why you put that pamphlet in my locker, to get me on the righteous path". He asked

" I was hoping that if you read it maybe you'd except the love that god gives to all his children , like you once did before, you weren't always like this myles" . I said he started chucking which soon turned to laughter

" man you know I used to think jehovah's witnesses were annoying but you've managed to even surpass them". He said calming down from his fits of laughter

" did you atleast read it" . I asked

" no but it did come in handy". He responded

" how?" . I wondered

" well let's just say I ran out of toilet paper last night. He said smirking

" Myles I know your father just died and your probably consumed with grief but if you let god in he can heal you , he can help you". I preached his demeanor changed the second I mentioned his father.

" god ? God is going to help me?" He said his tone  more aggressive he seemed agitated by my words his jaw line stiffened and his eyebrows furrowed

" WHERE WAS YOUR GOD WHEN MY FATHER WOULD COME HOME AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF MY MOTHER, WHERE WAS YOUR GOD WHEN HE WAS BEATING ME FOR ANY LITTLE THING I DID WRONG, BEATING ME FOR TRYING TO PROTECT MY MOM, WHERE WAS HE WHEN MY MOTHER DEVELOPED AN EATING DISSORDER BECAUSE MY FATHER WAS VERBALLY ABUSING HER ONTOP OF THE PHYSICAL ABUSE OR WHEN HE WOULD DRINK AND BRING WOMEN HOME, WHEN HE THREATENED TO KILL HER IF SHE EVER TRIED TO GET A DIVORCE". With each word he got closer till he was just yelling in my face he was so close. He honestly scared me. His eyes were filled with rage and pain his breathing shallow.

" where was he? " he asked again this time the calmest whisper I could feel his breath hitting my skin we were so close. I was shocked I had no idea that his father was that kind of man. He was one of the pillars of the community before the Harrington's had moved. If anything I thought my father was the shittiest one in town.

" your not the only one with a hard life". I answered thinking of my own. He let out another scoff

" really what exactly happens to you in the land of harmony and holy sprits" . He asked sarcastically I thought about my father, my drunk ,no good substance abusing,abuser of a father who made coming home for me hard every day.

" nothing I-" I was cut off before I could finish

"Get out" he spat  his tone low and aggressive if looks could kill I'd of died in that moment.

" myles I-" was cut off one more time

"GET OUT".he yelled I made my way to the door without a second thought. I was only trying to help him why  couldn't he see that.