gold rings

April 6, 2008

That was the day that technically I got married. Sure I was 7 not the best age for that, No I wasn't a child bride, my parents didn't arrange some back water deal with another family and pawn me off to someones son for the sake of land and money.

this was completely pure and very much consensual, I'd just come from school, Myles by my side.his driver had dropped us off at his place it was Friday and my mom had agreed to let me sleep over. Which I did just about every Friday. I had everything packed in my bag , spare clothes, tooth brush, snacks , etc

" hey there little buddy , your back from school, and you brought your girlfriend". Mr.Harrington said embracing his son and acknowledging me

" dad she's not my girlfriend". Myles whined I stood there awkwardly I was always awkward around Henery Harrington, even as a kid he always gave me this fake vibe , but he gave back so much to the community that I just assumed it was in my head or something.

" your right, what was it you said you were going to make her your w-."but before Mr.Harrington could get the last word out Myles clasped his hand onto his father's mouth. I stood there confused wondering what myles didn't want me to hear

" the lovely prince jesse and the charming prince myles have arrived accompanying them is king henery of of the royal line Harrington". Mrs . Harrington announced as we walked into the living room.

I saw trays of food and treats prepared on the table, it was another reason why I liked coming over to myles I could eat to my hearts content plus Mrs.Harrington's cooking was to die for.

Ms.harrington hugged Myles before embracing me. I loved my mom I did but I often wished I was living Myles's life. He lived in an amazing house with all the snacks and treats in the world with all the toys anyone could ever hope to play with, coming here being with him was like a vacation from the hell that is my household.

" you guys can go on upstairs,I'll bring the snacks up". She said we nodded and I followed behind Myles to his room.

_________________________________________

" what is it". I asked looking at his canvas it looked like a mutated brown stick and a mutated peach stick were merging.

" that's me and that's you". He responded pointing to the representation of the two of us.

" why are we mixing? " I asked confused

" my mom said that when someone makes you happy and you don't want to be apart from them that means you love them, she also said that , that's why her and dad got married so that they could be together forever and nothing could brake them ". He said

" so they started to mix?" I asked confused

" yeah my mom said that when you get married you become one, not me or you but us". He explained there was just one thing wrong with this picture.

" myles we're not married". I very obviously stated.

" you see about that". He said scratching the back of his head . We were most definitely not married. I don't even kiss boys that's gross.

" I got you something".he said retrieving a small black box from his pocket. He popped open the lid revealing two gold rings.

Where on earth did myles come into posession of two gold rings. I couldn't even afford to purchase two goldfish.

I watched as he slipped one ring on . It didn't fit . He looked at me then bent down on one knee.

" a man on YouTube did it like this, I hope I'm doing it right". I looked at him was he asking for my hand in marriage. My first thought was we weren't even out of elementary school yet. I didn't want to have to kiss him either .