Journey

'I better be going to Charlotte Town then,' Gilbert explained as he hugged Bash.
'Good luck my man, I trust you to know what's right in your heart,' Bash replied.
Gilbert placed his hat on his head then walks out with his bag over his shoulder. One foot in front of the other, he takes one step closer to the train station every second.

'What do I do,' Anne said in a panicky voice to Diana.
'You tell the truth,' she replied.
'But- how- what- What if it is too late?' Anne was so confused, no longer about her true feelings, but how she should express them.
'Come Anne, we're going to Gilbert's now,' Diana said in an orderly fashion, grabbing Anne's hand and dragging her down the stairs.
'Where are you going girls?' Marilla asked as they stepped outside.
'Well- I'm- we're- um,' Anne said, lost for words.
Diana pulled her along more hastily out the door.
'We're telling Gilbert Blythe that Anne loves him!' Diana shouted inside.
'Diana!' Anne shouted, then proceeded to laugh.
'Come on, let's go get your man!' They ran in the direction of the Blythe-Lacroix household.
'Well, well, well,' Marilla said, half surprised, half impressed.
'That girl sure knows what she wants,' Matthew replied with a beaming smile on his face.