Sparks (Shadows Prequel)

I shrieked as I tripped over a stupid rock, yet again.

Then I scraped my arm against a tree branch, trying to get myself back up. I definitely wouldn't last in survival of the fittest. They'd probably vote to eat me first, anyway. I sighed and trudged forward, tiredly. If I was going to have success, I needed to keep walking. I had left my pack's territory two days ago. I survived by compelling a few people in certain towns to give me food and a place to stay. Just my luck; I cheated on survival with compulsion.

I was starting to think I was getting no where, when the fog around me started to thicken and I could barely see. I suddenly made out the distinct shape of three wolves walking towards me.

I held up my hands in surrender. "I mean no harm!"

The wolves disappeared. And in their place stood three sexy males with the most amazing abs in the world. At least they weren't fully naked-they wore shorts- or I would've been as red as a tomato. It's not such a pretty sight to see me like that, trust me.

A guy with jet black shaggy hair spoke up first. "Who are you?"

I grinned and stuck my hand out as I said "Lissa May. And you?"

He stared at my hand, but didn't take it. I slowly put it back down.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned.

"That's an awful long name." I said, trying to make a joke and ease up the tension. But apparently I wasn't one for jokes. From what I heard, I sucked at them.

His eyes seemed to harden and got cold.

"What are you doing here?" He repeated himself.

"I was just passing through. You can call off your army or whatever." I replied.

The really hot blonde guy that stood to the left of him chuckled right before saying, "Sorry. But this is our territory. You're going to have come with us."

Hell no. I didn't have time for this. I stepped back and the black haired one let out a low growl.

"You can come the hard way or the easy way. Your choice."

I slowly planned out what would happen if I ran, in my head and stepped forward, sighing. "Fine, take me away."

But when they stepped towards me, I twisted around and ran like hell.

I was so gonna regret this.