5 - Murder Weapons

Dahyun thought that her hands may have been one of the reasons why Momo had died. They mustn't have held her tight enough. Or maybe they held too tight. Tight enough to create red marks around her neck and block her airway and turn her blue.

Maybe her eyes. Maybe her eyes didn't watch over her enough. Not close enough to notice that anything was wrong. Maybe watching to closely so she felt as though she was being scrutinised. Maybe the problem was that she had chosen to turn away her eyes when Momo most needed it.

But it must have been her mind. Her mind had desperately wanted Momo to trust her. For Momo to understand that not everyone would let her down. That someone was going to let her be happy in her own way. Dahyun just didn't realise just how much Momo being happy in death would cost.

It cost her own sanity. She was dependent on drugs to keep her calm and battled with constant anxiety. It cost Nayeon her happiness. It cost Tzuyu the link to her family. It cost Jeongyeon countless nights of sleep. And then there was Jihyo.

Dahyun didn't know what to feel about Jihyo. On the one hand, she felt jealous that Momo had loved another and had never told her. On the other she was comforted by the older girl who seemed to understand her pain. Jihyo had taken everyone's suffering upon herself. She held Dahyun as she cried every night until she was too tired to carry on.

Worst of all was the emotions that Jihyo brought with her. Dahyun wasn't sure if it was ok to feel how she felt about Jihyo. She wasn't sure if it was a real feeling, or just something her mind was thinking up as a coping mechanism. Dahyun had found that she couldn't sleep without Jihyo anymore. She only felt safe when she was in her arms and she could feel her hands rubbing circles on her back.

One day, Dahyun found her heart racing out of control as Jihyo held her hand to help her down some stairs. She felt her face heat up in a familiar way when she would smile at her from across the room during dance practice. And then there was the longing. The longing that had for so long been tied to Momo. When Jihyo wasn't there, Dahyun felt it, and that scared her.

All these emotions and feelings were things he had only felt with Momo. And Momo was dead.

Dahyun didn't know if it was fair to Momo to move on or to feel something for someone else. She didn't think it was fair to Jihyo who had also loved Momo and who had told her countless times that she still loved her. Worst of all was the fear that plagued Dahyun's mind along with these feelings.

What if when she touched Jihyo her fingers turned into knives? Cutting her skin away until all that remained of her was a bloody mess on the floor.

What if when she hugged Jihyo her arms turned into ropes? Holding too tight, turning her blue and leaving her limp on the floor, her body cold and stiff.

What if when she looked at Jihyo her eyes became too judgemental? Piercing into her soul, leaving her embarrassed, helpless, vulnerable and small.

What if Dahyun's mind decidedthat Jihyo's trust was worth more than her life? Just like she had done toMomo.