Chapter 1

『𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓷𝓲𝔁』

Year 5

"What is this deju vu?"

---------------------------------------------------------------

One week until I got back to Hogwarts, at the beginning of my Hogwarts journey I wasn't looking forward to it but thanks to Hermione, Ron, and especially Harry it would be a blast. I was woken up by some knocking at my door, I didn't know who it was until they opened the door to reveal themselves as Ariana.

"Hey, Vera," Ariana greeted with a smile "Mother wasn't you downstairs, and, uh, get changed into some formal." Ariana was the type to call her mother ''mother'' usually Mum or even sometimes Ma, she gets that from our grandfather Rory Phoenix he's Northern Irish.

"Why formal?" I asked as I got up, then making my bed.

"Some one's coming over." She replied nervously. I didn't why she was acting so awkward, Ariana is always so sassy and straight to the point about everything, but I decide not to question her and did what I was told.

"Okay give me five minutes," I said smiling, she nodded and left the room. I decide to get a bath, I would usually have a shower, but it's hard showering with a mermaid tail. Trust me I've tried, nearly lost a nail.

After my warm bubble bath, I went into my room and decide on what I was going to wear. Since Ariana said something formal I decided to wear a black skirt and a white turtle neck  with my hair in a tight bun with two strands resting on my face, I was also wearing small hooped earrings and with my iconic mermaid necklace. Before I could do any finishing touches I hear my Mum's voice.

"Vera! Come downstairs!" she yells,

"Coming!" I said back, I quickly walk down the stairs seeing three people I was not expecting.

"Well hello, Miss Phoenix, lovely to see you." Lucius Malfoy said, my heart stopped then dropped. What was Mr Malfoy doing in my house and what's worse he wasn't alone.

"Pleasure," I say with a fake smile, I turn and see Narcissa Malfoy smiling at me.

"Vera dear, I've heard a lot about you," Narcissa beams."You must be excited!"

"Excited?" I laughed nervously, oblivious to what was about to unfold. Mrs. Malfoy frowned with confusion. She looked at my parents.

"She doesn't know?" Narcissa asked.

"Doesn't know what?" I asked, almost mimicking Narcissa.

"Well, Vera..." My Dad started then looked at my Mum nervously.

"You, when your eighteen, you will be marrying Draco Malfoy," I was gobsmacked, Draco and Vera Malfoy? Ew! I don't see it. How can they do this behind my back, I literally explained how and why I hate Malfoy. Hate isn't the same as Love Mother! I look at Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy.

"Wow! It's an honor." I say, receiving smiles from Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy"It's an honor getting married to such a powerful name," I say through my teeth slightly. They talked for hours after the roast dinner we had, I couldn't help but think about Marrying a Malfoy, I already have a boyfriend, Harry that actually likes me for me and not my name, power or beauty, but how am I going to tell him? I'm not going to say to him, 'Hey Harry I got a new fiance!' Like no.

"Well, Narcissa we must go," Lucius interrupted my thoughts "Draco will be home from practice." Narcissa nodded in agreement. She and Lucius share their goodbye's with us then leave. As soon as the door closed I looked at my parents.

"You've outdone yourselves," I say angrily "An arrange marriage!"

"Vera, I was arranged to marry your father," Mum started "And it was the best thing that ever happened to me."

"But that was like what  fifty decades ago?" I snapped back, leaving my Mum shocked and my Dad disappointed.

"What is this Deja vu?" Ariana jumped in, her and I giggle a little then I face my parents.

"Vera, the only way you and soon Ariana will continue the Phoenix blood is to marrying someone with equally as powerful as us." Dad explained "We can't have you marrying a half-blood or a muggle-born," I stayed quiet for the best, I loved my parents I really did but what's more important? My future or just me and what I feel in the inside? 

Suddenly we hear a knock at the grand front door, my uncle (On my Mum's side) Kingsley Shacklebolt, he is apart of the Order of  the Phoenix. He came in with a smile on his face and two brooms in his hand.

"Esme, Kai" He greeted my parents, Ariana ran up to him and hugged my tightly.

"Kingsley!" She said grinning widely, I get up from my seat and walk over to him after Ariana finished hugging him.

"Ah, Vera," He said smiling "Ready to go?" He handed me and Ariana our brooms, I nod in response then take it. I was going to Headquarters of the Order I was excited!  I face my parents who were walking up to my smiling.

"Bye girls," Mum says then hugs us tightly, we hug back. Dad does the same. Kingsley, Ariana and I walk outside the mansion, I face Ariana and smile.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Are you?" She teased, I laughed, then We were all in the air flying to Headquarters.