Chapter 4

『𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓷𝓲𝔁』

Year 5

"My middle finger has a happy face of its own"

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Bloody Hell it's cold!" Ron exclaimed as we all walked across the bridge towards Platform 9 3/4.

"Come on Ron scared of the cold?" I teased Ron

"You can say much with water!" Ron snapped back.

"Ditto." I smirkedleaving him confused

"What-" Ron said before I I used a spell to create a puddle of water and made him slip. Hermione, Ginny, Ari and I laughed at him.

"Ronald, you should know," I said turn around "You never mess with a Phoenix,"

"Alright, alright come down," Ron said embarrassed as he got up and continued walking. Suddenly a hairy black dog came from behind me I soon realized it was Sirius, who was heading at a small building next to the end of the bridge

"Padfoot! Are you barking mad?" Moody exclaimed, "You'll blow the entire operation!"

---

"Good evening children," Dumbledore announced at the Great Hall, we were all having a roast dinner my favourite
"We have two changing in staffing this year, please welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank," we all clap at the return of Grubbly-Plank, fun fact he taught my dad before leaving Hogwarts "Who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave"

The Golden Trio and I share confused looks at what Hagrid was up to or what happened to him.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher" Dumbledore continued "Professor Dolores Umbridge,"

"Bloody Hell!" I say loud enough for Harry, Ron and Hermione to hear me.

"What's wrong with Umbridge?" Harry asked,

"Umbridge sister is, Well was, Caroline Firelily who married Seamus Firelily," I started,

"And who was the family that end the Firelilys?" Ariana jumped in, Harry,Ron and Hermione give me 'Oh now I get' looks before turning their attention to Dumbledore.

"And I'm  sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor goodluck,"Dumbledore said, I look at all the teachers they were all thinking the complete opposite "Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you..."

A slight giggle from Umbridge grabbed everyone's attention and as I look at Harry it sparked his memory.

"She was at my hearing alongside your father Vera." Harry whispered in my ear, "She works for Fudge,"  She walked up to the front of the Hall and did her classic rotten smile.

"Thank you, headmaster for those kind words of welcome," She started
"And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me,"

"My middle finger has a happy face of its own" I say rolling my eyes, as people around my table laughed, but soon stop when Umbridge shifted her attention to me and smiled.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends" She states.

"That's likely," Fred and George said, some people, me included, laughed a little.

"The Ministry of Magic," She begun "Has always considered... the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster." Her and Dumbledore share a look as if they made a promise.

" Has brought something new to this historic school" She continued "Progress for sake of progress must be discourged. Let us preserve what must be preserved... perfect what can be perfected... and prune practise that ought to be prohibited-"

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge" Dumbledore, thankfully, jumped in "That was really was most illuminating."

"Illuminating? Does she breathe the same air as we do?" I said half dumbfounded at Umbridge's nonsense.

"What a load of waffle,"Ron scoffed

"What's it mean?" Harry asked "Magic is forbidden in the corridors"

"It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts" Hermione answered