Chapter 6

『𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓷𝓲x』

Year 5

"She throw herself at anyone with blond hair, powerful name and a reincarnation of a f*cked up ferret."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Today was probably my most stressful day in my life not only I'm getting married, Umbridge is at school Seamus and some of the Gryfffindors probably hate me! I sigh as I sat on a small stone wall, I breathe in the salty air from the sea letting my life problems float away, well one of them did a U-turn and came back as Draco Malfoy who I noticed was sitting beside me.

"Hey, Vera," He greeted, you know when Malfoy being nice to when he says your first name with a sour attitude with it.

"Hey Draco." I greeted back "What brings you here?"

"I need some fresh air from the Common Room," He admits, "Pansy trying to kiss me again."

"What's new?" I smirk "She throw herself at anyone with blond hair, powerful name and a reincarnation of a f*cked up ferret."

"Go to hell," He said rolling his eyes playfully.

"I already know I'm going to hell," I sassed back" it's really go big to go home at this point"

"Damn, hot with an attitude." He said

"And what about it?" I asked tilting my head slightly, we both started laughing for a while.

"I better go Harry, Hermione and Ron and probably looking for me" I said.

"See you soon Vera,"

"See ya" I laughed then walked to my dorm.

---

"You nervous?" Hermione asked as we walked into DADA class

"She wishes" I chuckle as we sit down at our desk. The usual happens in the beginning of class; people talking, messing, magic, you know what I'm talking about but it was all put to a complete halt when Umbridge entered the chat and ruins the fun for everyone. She stands smile at the class Her smile is unsettling.

"Good Morning children," She greets, but getting no reply serves her right.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations" she said as she drew those exact words on the board in front of the class "O-W-Ls more commonly known as OWls. Study hard and you will be reward, fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe" She uses her wand to take the books on the left hand side of her and pass them down the class. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic. Yes?"

I turn around to see Hermione with her hand look confused at the book we were all handed to.

"There's nothing in here," She states "About using defensive spells." Hermione was right I quickly flick the pages there was no spells

"Using spells?" Umbridge said "Well, I can't imgaine why you would need to use spells in my classroom,"

"To defend ourselves against the dark arts," I said with out raising my hand, Umbridge turn and gave my a very dirty look.

"Vera Phoenix I knew you could go through one class with out getting in trouble" Umbridge said with her smile as big as ever.

"So we're not using magic?" I asked

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way" Umbridge said receiving some groans from the class.

"What's the use in that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free" Harry said.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class-"

"Students should be allowed to have their own opinion without the use of their hand to gain your permission." I jumped in, I didn't care what everyone else thinks, I'm just giving my opinion. Umbridge was not please with my attitude and you could tell, was anyone really?

"Quiet you!" She yelled "You're just like your mother!"

"Well I had to get my genes from somewhere" I felt something different in me, my remarks are no surprise to anyone but it wasn't me. I felt like I was being controlled.

"D-Detention Miss Phoenix!" She yelled, "In my office NOW!" I packed my things and walked to her room and sat in the chair in front of her desk.

"Jesus, you can tell what gender she is." I wasn't wrong her room was filled to the brim with pink.

----

"Ah I forgot that you are still here." I turn around and see Professor Umbridge.

"Well surprise," I say sarcastically as she sat down and made a cup of tea.

"Tea?" She asked as if this was a normal day for her.

"No thanks" I say coldly.

"You know it might help your sour attitude" She smirked as she put two sugar cubes in her tea.

"Well it isn't helping yours now is it?" I sassed back, before she could reply there was a knock at the door I turn around to see Harry.

"Good evening Mr Potter." Umbridge greeted as Harry looked around the room.

"Sit next to Miss Phoenix." She pointed at the seat next to me.

"Today you are going to be doing some lines Miss Phoenix and Mr Potter," She said. Reluctantly Harry and I were about to grab a quills when..

"Not with your quills but with a rather special ones of mine" Umbridge said as she got up and her 'Special Quills' for Harry and I.

"Now, I want Mr Potter to write: I must not tell lies, and I want Miss Phoenix to write: I must raise my hand in class"

"You wish" I mumbled.

"How many times?" Harry asked.

"Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in"

"You haven't given us any ink." I said shaking the quill slightly.

"Oh, you won't need any ink." I just rolled my eyes at her logic then started writing. Suddenly my hand started to burn, I gasped slightly and see that my hand has a grey bruise on it I look over and see Harry and he's having the same problem.

"Yes?" Umbridge asked so innocently.

"Nothing." Harry managed to get out as we both were literally being tortured.

"That's right" Umbridge said to us "Because you two know, deep down you deserve to be punished. Don't Mr. Potter and Miss Phoenix? Go on."

"That was interesting-"

"What just happened in class?" Harry, unexpectedly, pushed me into a wall thankfully no one was there.

"Oh mi Merlín Harry! Give a girl a moment to process what happened" I exclaimed "I know you're my boyfriend bu-"

"No! I mean in class that wasn't you."

"You did notice, but I don't know." I said honestly "I felt like I was being controlled, you're not mad are you?"

"I'm not mad I just concern from Seamus to Umbridge it's changed you Vera."

"I was just angry that's all" I replied, Harry ( Who still had me at the wall) Looked at my lips in quickly at me eyes.

"So, are we kissing or not?" I asked with normal tone

"W-What?"

"Don't act like you didn't look at my lips," I smirked. I was cut off my Harry kissing me, if anyone could give my butterflies it was Harry.

"Happy?" Harry chuckled as we started to walk down the corridor.

"Looks like i won't need supper." I smirked

"V-Vera!" Harry yelled while I laughed.