13 | Entangled [CE]

👑 𝐂 𝐎 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓  𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐑 𝐘 👑

Cover Arena

Contest 13 - Entangled

Hosted by: Miss_Sarcastic27

Due: November 12, 2019 | Delivered: November 12, 2019

Type of Graphic: Cover

No. of Entries: 1

• • •

𝚃 𝙸 𝚃 𝙻 𝙴
Entangled

𝙰 𝚄 𝚃 𝙷 𝙾 𝚁
G. Diaz

𝙿 𝙻 𝙾 𝚃
Serena's mating season has come, and there's no escape. Her parents are hoping she'll respond well to the attention of the alpha, but she's secretly been meeting with a forbidden friend from a different pack - a friend who has lately become more than that. But, even though Serena knows that her 'friend' is the man for her, she can't resist the alpha's charms either.

𝙶 𝙴 𝙽 𝚁 𝙴
Fantasy, Romance, Werewolf

𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚁 𝚈

𝚁 𝙴 𝚂 𝙾 𝚄 𝚁 𝙲 𝙴 𝚂

𝚁 𝙴 𝚂 𝙾 𝚄 𝚁 𝙲 𝙴 𝚂

• • •

👑 𝐂 𝐎 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓 𝐑 𝐄 𝐒 𝐔 𝐋 𝐓 👑
🥇1st Place

𝙲 𝙾 𝙼 𝙼 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚂
This contest was challenging, I had to step out of my comfort zone (yet again) and take a walk down the fantastical realm. It was surely a good opportunity to practice my skills in making fantasy covers.

When I think of mating season I get a wintery vibe as it usually happens between January and April (according to Uncle Google), hence the setting I chose. For the background, I added a light source behind the MC and some glow around her because I feel that it creates more depth within the cover design and is usually the norm in fantastical graphics. In the end, I also added some blur effect around the edges to enhance the focal point, which is the girl in the center.

As you've probably noticed, I mostly focused on the girl, as there were a lot of layers I needed to incorporate in the manipulation. Using the burn and dodge tools, I touched up the face and blended it into the body. Moreover, I worked on the hair (with the help of hair extensions I found from deviantart) on the MC's right side. This was my first time really paying attention to the hair details so I am pretty happy with the result. It looks almost identical to the left side, which has the original hair that came with the face. The smudge tool and clone stamp tool were very helpful in accomplishing this.

As this is a werewolf story, it only made sense to brighten the eye colours of the characters. I made the alpha's eyes red and the rest orange - the usual colours assigned to the ranks in the werewolf pack hierarchy. I also added an image of a werewolf in a full moon at the bottom to enhance the theme.

For the title, I combined different fonts (Mirosa, Cinzel, Desire, etc) to achieve it. I didn't really work that much on text placement, I just put it at the top since there was enough going on the bottom of the cover.

Overall, I think I managed to adhere to the prompt. I probably could've worked more on the males, especially the alpha, but I'm happy with the piece and I hope you are too!

May we meet again.
~Tammy