15 | Phantasm [CE]

👑 𝐂 𝐎 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓  𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐑 𝐘 👑

Metanoia

Final Round - Phantasm

Hosted by: eurybia-

Due: December 7, 2019 | Delivered: December 7, 2019

Type of Graphics: Cover, Banner

No. of Entries: 2

• • •

𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚁 𝙸 𝙴 𝚂

𝚁 𝙴 𝚂 𝙾 𝚄 𝚁 𝙲 𝙴 𝚂

𝚁 𝙴 𝚂 𝙾 𝚄 𝚁 𝙲 𝙴 𝚂

• • •

👑 𝐂 𝐎 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒 𝐓  𝐑 𝐄 𝐒 𝐔 𝐋 𝐓 👑
🥈2nd Place

𝙲 𝙾 𝙼 𝙼 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚂
For this final round in the contest series, we each got a folder of images and had to incorporate at least 5 of them into our designs. It was definitely refreshing and exciting. The process of picking the images was a long one; I had different ideas in mind, but when I tried to use the images to visualise my ideas it just didn't work out. I found it quite challenging to limit myself to the provided images and title, but I also loved having a bit of a challenge. So this final design I ended up with was basically a contingency plan if all else failed. And it did big time lmao. I thought it's quite a generic design, which is why I saved it for last but screw it, I tried everything else and just didn't like the results.

So onto the design process, I went with a blue color scheme (for the millionth time lol). I just love that colour tbh, I notice I always end up choosing it for fantasy or mystery-themed covers. Since the title is Phantasm, I tried to make the girl appear as some sort of apparition. Hence, I added glowy effects and made her pale af to accomplish that. Since I had to use 5 images from the collection, I decided to tweak the background by adding a forest beyond the archway. I think it looks aight for the most part, though I know I could work a little more on the transition.

For the banner, I used another image of the same girl I got in the provided collection of images. I managed to do this by using the google image search engine, and found many other poses of the girl in the same dress. This was super helpful. Btw, the first five images in the resources gif are derived from the folder of resources I received and the rest are ones I added myself.

Overall, I'm slowly warming up to the idea of the cover and banner complimenting each other as a set. I was a little unsure at first, but after talking to my pals on discord I think it's believable. Never created a banner to go with a cover before, so this was a decent first attempt.

 Never created a banner to go with a cover before, so this was a decent first attempt