Chapter Five

"I booked us a table at that new Japanese restaurant we kept saying we want to check out," Stephanie stated as she stepped out of the steaming bathroom. Sauntering across the room she took a seat at her vanity table. "It's set for tonight at eight. You can make it after work right?"

Alexander rolled over in the bed and tossed his covers aside. Sitting up he gave a small nod of agreement. To be honest he had already made plans to take Teddy and the girls out for dinner. But he couldn't exactly deny Stephanie this one small request. He had finally been allowed back into their bed and she had appeared to be much more understanding about the situation as a whole. He didn't want to ruffle the women's feathers.

This meant he would need to cancel on Teddy. But he was hopeful she would understand about it. She knew pieces of how hard it had been for him. Just the other day they had been chatting on the phone and he had accidentally let it slip that he was sleeping on the couch. He was sure she couldn't blame him for accepting Stephanie when she reached out.

"That sounds great babe." Climbing out of bed he made his way over to wrap his arms around the women from behind. He planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. He held her for a moment longer than usual. So much had changed over the last couple weeks, but one thing he hadn't expected to change was the way his wife would fit in his arms. It always seemed as though she was a perfect fit to him. His arms would hold her and she could fit right into his chest like puzzle piece. But lately this seemed to be a struggle to get comfortable. Not matter how he tried it felt awkward now holding her boney body against his.

Kissing the top of her head he stepped away from her. "I'll be here to pick you up before than," he promised her. Grabbing his change of clothes he headed towards the bathroom. A last second he grabbed his phone. He needed to call and cancel on Teddy.

The curvy, short blonde women had been occupying his thoughts lately. She seemed to fit into his arms with ease. Her body was warm and full. It felt like hugging a pillow. He couldn't resist thinking about the way she nibble her plump lip when nervous. Or how she preferred to have her hair down with a headband sweeping it back from her face. This was the woman that was carrying his child. It was natural to think about her right?

Speaking of the child on the way. He needed to tell Stephanie about the newest arrival. Of course the child wasn't here yet. But he wanted to be fully involved this time around and its not like he could keep a secret baby from Stephanie. The timing just hadn't been right.

Despite not telling his wife his thoughts would still continuously drift to the thoughts of this baby. He was wondering what the baby would look like. Charley and Joey had their mother's bright hair and looked like a mini version of her. Was it wrong of him to want this next child to resemble him a little more? He wanted a little twin of himself walking around. He thought about the larger picture, how he wanted to be there physically to support the family. He wanted to be around for all the changes and midnight feedings. And of course he would be there for the birth. His mind also pulled at the thoughts of a name for the little one. As tradition goes his first born in the Daddario family was to be named after himself, he was technically Alexander the third. But Teddy might not be interested in naming her child that.

Turning the shower on, he left the water running loudly as he took a seat on the counter. Typing into his phone he gave Teddy a call. He realized how terrible this was of him. He was clearly hiding this from Stephanie. He failed to inform her that he was going for a visit and now he was hiding out in the bathroom as he made the call to cancel.

"Don't tell me you are going to be freakishly early again" Teddy answered the phone with a clear giggle lining her voice. "I thought we had moved past that. Besides you aren't supposed to arrive until dinner. So if you're going to tell me your right down the street than we are going to have a serious problem considering I am still in pajamas."