Contemplation

Dracula's stomach felt as empty as his veins. The stiff coffin underneath him was a complete opposite of his own body. He's weak and extremely hungry.

The drumming of Julius' heart was loud, Dracula can hear the blood inside, he can feel the warmth flowing down his throat, the taste of iron covering his tongue.

He's done it so many times it's practically muscle memory. Why can't he now? Why can't he march over to Julius' room and drink his blood?

Enough. This vampires block is nonsense. Dracula will drink the blood of...

Julius. Julius Caesar. Why can't Dracula just forget about him? Forget about his dumb little toga. Forget about that stupid name he called him. "Drac"? What an idiotic name. Dracula isn't very long, what's the point of shorting it? Dracula has had enough. He stands back up and walks towards his door, opening it carefully every movement specifically chosen to be as silent as possible.

Dracula's nimble body walked closer to Julius. His chest kept going up and down. Up and down like a small group of children that decided that it would be a good idea to put rocks on the trampoline, up and down. The rocks bounce all around hitting the kids off the trampoline and down. The children just keep putting more and more rock, making more children fall off up and down.

Dracula grabbed Julius carefully as to not wake him. He bared his teeth, sharp as a porcupines back that has been coated in metal by a strange blacksmith who's wife left him for the baker that lived next door, and sometimes the blacksmith would run into his ex while picking up the daily paper, and she'd just stare at him like he was mad. He brought his teeth closer to Julius' neck, his body feeling weaker by the second. He puts his mouth on his neck ready to bite, but he doesn't. His teeth are back to normal, he's sucking on a neck that isn't punctured.

Before Dracula is able to comprehend what he just did, a knock came at the door.

The knock was loud and aggressive, and not even 15 seconds after there was another just the same. Dracula flies in bat form to the door, and opens it the same way he did earlier that night, slow and steady. This time the person behind the door wasn't a man in a form fitting toga, this time it was a tall man in all black. The moonlight reflected off his head like it was a mirror. The man's nose was long and just as sharp as Dracula's fangs.
"Hello, I'm Gru. Is Julius awake?"