4

*one month later*

I graduated med school and finished up my clinicals, this all meant that it was time to go back home to the pack. The pack that is run by my mate and his Luna.

"Okay so what time are y'all driving down here? I have the beds made up and I have your favorite meal ready. Oh my gosh I can't wait to see my favorite grandson."
"He's your only grandson mom and were leaving in a bout an hour. Weston is scared, it's a huge change for the both of us, especially with everything that's going on."

I told my mom about the whole Rhett situation. She genuinely had no idea, Rhett introduced her as his mate and no one thought twice about it.

"Well I know it's going to be a big transition for the both of you, it will take time. You've been living in the city for 5 years, Weston's entire life. It will be a big adjustment but if anyone can do it, you can"

"Thanks mom, I'm just worried because I will be working closely with him. I can't be close to him because that will make the bond stronger. This is going to be so hard, I don't know what I'm going to do." I cried over the phone to my mom.

"Baby, everything is going to be okay, I promise you that. I love you so much. Just text me when you are on the way, Okay? Drive safe sweetie"

"Love you too mom, I'll text you in a bit"

With that, my mom hung up the phone and I was left putting the last few boxes in my Yukon XL.

I walk in west's room and he's sitting on the floor playing with his favorite Batman toy.

"You ready buddy?"

His eyes shot to me and he smiled and nodded his head.

"Yeah mamma. I can't wait to see uncle Easton. He said he'd get me another super hero toy" he got to his feet "and he said it could be any one I want."
"Wow, that is so cool. I know he's excited to see you, so are Mimi and papa. They all miss you so much."

I picked him up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Say bye to our home, west"
"Bye room. By kitchen. By bathroom"

I laughed and set him down, grabbed his hand and walked out of the front door for the last time.

I was sad to leave but I was ready for this new chapter in my life, even if I knew it was going to be a hard one.

With the car loaded up, we were on the road. I called my mom to tell her we were on our way and that we'd be there by 6 ish, just in time for dinner.

The ride was long but peaceful. After about an hour of playing eye spy, Weston passed out in his car seat. His light snore made me laugh so I turned up the radio slightly as music filled my ears, distracting me from how numb my butt was and how stiff and achy my back was.

I got to the gates of the pack. It's pretty much like a huge neighborhood that has everything you could want. Grocery stores gas stations, smaller neighborhoods, schools, different shops and restaurants; all within the boundaries of the blue moon pack. The dense surrounds the entire pack, keeping is safe from rouges.

"Good evening, name and affiliation?"
"Dr. Rhiannon Miller, new pack doctor"
"Rhiannon, welcome back." The guard said, opening up the gate.
"Thank you." I said as I drove through, locating my neighborhood.

I pulled in the driveway and hopped out of the car, grabbing my passed out son from his car seat.

"Hey bubba, we're home." I softly whisper in his ear as his lifts his head up off my shoulder and rubs his eyes.