14

*this chapter is kinda grimey so beware^

Rhett brought me to the basement with everyone else, Weston was safe with us. I was happy to know that wes was Rhett's first priority. That made me happy.

I noticed him looking extremely worried. Obviously he was worried rhi, his pack was just intruded by rogues. Looking around I noticed that a lot of people were down here. Upon closer inspection I realized that scarlet was no where to be seen.

I think that's what Rhett is worried about.

Walking up to him I noticed he was deep in his head, obviously talking through mind link to his warriors.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, immediately snapping him out of the trance he was in.
"No Rhiannon I'm not fine. What kind of fucking question is that?"
"Damn Rhett I was just asking, chill out"
"I will not chill out" he spat, mimicking the way I said the words "my Luna is missing so I will not chill out Rhiannon. I saved you and didn't save her, what kind of alpha does that make me?!"

I stared at him, not saying a word. I was worried that whatever came out of my mouth was going to come out due to rage. I go red. My wolf takes over. I pretty much black out with anger and that isn't a nice time to catch me so I just backed away from him.

A few hours went by. We all stayed fairly quiet, just sat in our places and stared at nothing. The time passed slowly, especially when we could hear footsteps above us. We just waited until someone from the outside could open up the door.

Just when I thought I couldn't go any longer, the door opened up. Slowly everyone got to their feet and eventually came face to face with the pack warriors. They were all covered in blood and dirt. They had cuts and bruises all over their bodies but they seemed relieved that is was over.

"You are all good to come out. We checked the rest of the pack and got everything cleared. You are all cleared to go home. We will be having a curfew the next few days to take precautions but we hope you all stay safe in the meantime"

Everyone started walking out and one of them caught the alphas attention, looking like they were mind linking each other.

Rhett looked towards me, eyes watery, "I need you to go to your exam room" he said softly, almost to the point where I could barely hear him.

I walked quickly upstairs and immediately smelled blood. A lot of it. It filled all of my senses to where I could almost taste it. I noticed a crowd of warriors outside of my exam room and ran to the door, watching them open it up for me.

My heart skipped a beat. Opening up the door made me realize why the smell of blood was so intense. To say it looked like a crime scene was an understatement.

I could barely identify who it was. If it wasn't for her red hair, I would have no idea. It was scarlet. She had the deepest cuts I had ever seen. Her ankle looked like it was hanging on by a thread. Her left eye was swollen shut. Her hair was matted from the blood and dirt. It was evident her arms and legs were broken and they weren't healing which told me something was preventing the healing process. I immediately got to her side and noticed that she was barely breathing.

Her eye opened slightly and she saw me standing above her. "Don't save me." She barely whispered.

"Scarlet just hold on okay, please someone I need my medical kit with the witch herbs. It's in my office. The only way to stop the bleeding is with-
"STOP! I don't need saving. I know I'm about to die. I feel it. My wolf feels it..." she barely yelled out "just let me say goodbye to Rhett. I just want to tell him thank you"

My heart hurt for her. I hated how I knew I couldn't do anything to save her. Whatever they did to her, there was no helping it. They must have injected her with something to prevent healing and start some sort of body degeneration. No matter what I do, all of her Injuries will just get worse. Being a doctor and knowing there's nothing I can do is the most painful thing.

Turning around I knew who was about to walk through the door. I smelled him before anything and I felt the pain he was feeling. He knew he had to say goodbye.

He looked pale when the warriors opened the door. Like all life had drained from him for a moment. It hurt me and my wolf seeing him like that but I wasn't going to act on it.

Slowly walking over to her, I saw his eyes start to fill with moisture. Eventually a tear fell and wet his cheek.

"My Luna," he softly spoke "my beautiful Luna. My best friend. I'm sorry I couldn't help you. This is all my fault and if I could go back in time and fix things, I would. You were tortured by those disgusting excuses for wolves and I couldn't even imagine how scared you were. I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. I'm so sorry scarlet." More tears fell and he leaned down to her. "Just go to your happy place, scar. You and your sister, going into the mountains with your mom. That field you told me about, with the wild flowers? You said it was your favorite place. You said it brought you peace." He said as he brushed his fingers through her matted hair "just imagine yourself there, scarlet. Imagine yourself happy, in the place you love the most."

"Thank you, Rhett" she spoke as a tear fell down her face. Just like that, she took her last breath.

Her wolf slowly made her way out of scarlets body. The glow of the wolf rising out of her body and going up to the moon goddess was beautiful. I've seen it a few times but it's something that you never get tired of. We are never really dead, we just move on. This is not the end. Scarlets wolf will go on and help another new wolf with their transition. It's a beautiful thing.

I came behind Rhett and he immediately turned around and crashed his head onto my shoulder, his arms quickly snaking around me and squeezing tightly. I could feel the wet tears on my back but didn't say anything. I just held him. I wasn't going to leave him. Not today. Not ever again.

I could feel his pain and never wanted to let go.