Chapter 1

*Author’s Note*

I do not recommend reading this if you have not read One For the Murphys. Also, I am not stealing the book, I am just adding on. Finally, the entire book is in the point of view of Carly.

-

As I watch the Murphy’s wave goodbye, I am speechless. I don’t wave back, I just get in the car. “If I don’t look back,” I think, “I will not cry.”

My mom meets us at the airport. She looks better and is happy.

“Are you ready?” she asks.

I can only nod.

We get to the plane. I hold the basketball, car, and note in my hands. I don’t want to let them go.

As we get onto the plane, I put my gifts in a bag so I wouldn’t have to hold. My mom gave me a look as I put them in the bag but I acted like I didn’t notice.

I really missed them, the Murphy’s. I feel like I should be with them, not on this plane. I had no choice, besides, I am with my mom.

As the plane starts, my mom takes a nap. I look around and then start to study my jacket. My jacket. It is the only part left I have of my first friend, Tori. I am going to miss her so much.

-

“Tori,” I heard my mom say, “Wake up!”

“Huh?” I open my eyes. I must have fallen asleep.

I look around. People are filing off the plane. I grab my bag and follow my mom off.

Once we get our bags, my mom takes me out to a taxi. Las Vegas is so much different than Connecticut. It is a lot bigger.

I have not seen my new house so I hope it is good.

The drive is smooth. I don’t socialize with my mom and she doesn’t socialize with me. I just watch the people walking around.

We drive for about 10 minutes until the parking lot of a hotel. When the taxi stops in a parking spot, I am even more confused. My mom gets our stuff out from the back of the car and says,

“Come on Carley.”

I hope out of the car with the bag of gifts in my hands. I then ask my mom,

“Why are we here?”

She chuckles and says,

“To stay until I find us a house.”

“What?!” I think I screamed.

“Well, you know I didn’t have time to find anything and we will be here for a few months.”

“A few months?”

Ya,” my mom was not expecting this.

“I thought you were reading for us to live our life.”

“I never said that.”

My fingernails dig deep into my palms.

“Now let’s go,” my mom says cooly.

My things are going through my head. I am mad at my mom for not telling me we would be in a hotel.

As we walk into the hotel, my mom ditches the check-in and starts to head for the first floor.

“Mom, don’t we have to check-in?”

She ignores me. I decide to just go along with it.

When we enter our room, I am shocked. There is a microwave and refrigerator, table and sofa, and two rooms and a bathroom.

“Mom, this is big.”

“Well, get used to it.”

“How did you afford this?”

“Well, since we are working-”

“What?! We are working!”

“It’s the only option I have, and I am not you.”

“What will I do?”

“Stay here, explore the hotel.”

I groan and go to the sofa. I am mad at myself for trusting my mom and leaving the Murphy family.

-

*Author’s Note*

Hello!

To my followers, I am sorry I got rid of my other books. I just wanted a clean start from everything and I want to change the aspect of my account. I will be updating more since I know where to go with this.

New readers on my account, welcome! I hope you want to follow and hope you enjoyed.

Sorry again for the changes and talk to you soon!

-Caroline