Part 5- New Member of Ghostbird

Third POV

Sixteen months passed since that day. Ever since then, Tremor had disappeared from the world. Some said that she died. Some said that she was in hiding. Some said that she retired. Whether she was alive or dead, people knew that they would miss her. Evidence had come out from Volto's trial that showed Tremors as a person who had been shaped by bad influences but tried to do the right thing. They hailed Tremor as a hero who protected citizens although she was confused.

For months after the trial ended, the nine heroes who brought Volto to justice became famous. They helped those who were caught in the middle of a villian's attack and ,even though they were defeated several times, they rose up everytime to take down their opponent. Some people say that the heroes are always looking at the horizon, searching for someone who never came.

One day, the Ghostbird team received news of an elusive villain group named Devil's Red robbing the Charleston museum. Within moments the team had been dispatched to the location. Psyren (Owen) fought against the leader of their group who had powers over metal. Vex (Kota) fought against a girl named Luck who brought bad luck to anyone she touched. Drakon (Luke) and Winter Warrior (Gabriel) fought against the duo who had earth and air powers. Paladin (Nathan) fought against Ash who had the powers to turn any material object into ash. Icarus (Victor) battled a man with powers of a gargoyle. Compass (North) and Corinthian (Silas) battled against a shapeshifter, and Bones (Sean) fought against a woman who controlled shadows. At the beginning, the Ghostbird team seemed to have the upperhand until villain Luck knocked Vex into a wall. The villians managed to gain the upper hand and several of them were about to kill the heroes when suddenly the ground shook.

At first no one paid attention to it. As Ash stood over Nathan with a dagger, the villain went to stab the hero when suddenly he was thrown into the wall and knocked unconscious. The villains looked around to see the assailant when a voice echoed in the air. "Looking for me?"

Hovering in the air was a figure. She was clothed in a white suit etched in pink. A white mask covered the lower part of her face, but her green eyes stared at the villains with a coldness that made them shiver. Meta, the leader of Devil's Red gasped at the figure. "You dare go against us! Don't you know we are Devil's Red!"

Without another word, the unknown hero swept her hand across the villain group and they were driven into the ground. Meta gasped. "I know you! You're Tremors!"

The woman the nine heroes loved, the woman named Sang, had returned and had saved them. She was wearing their uniform. She was back for them. She laughed. "Tremors has died. I'm now Quake."

Although the villains tried to fight back, they were defeated. The injured heroes looked at the unknown hero with hope and happiness in their tired faces. When the last villain was knocked unconscious, the hero in white and pink turned towards them. With smiling green eyes that held a free and unshackled look in her gaze, she spoke. "I'm back."

North limped forward. Bleeding and bruised, he stepped forward with open arms. Tears ran down his face, and he gasped and laughed at the same time. "Sang!"

As one, the nine heroes welcomed back their love who laughed and hugged them. Sang pulled back and smiled at them. "I love you."

Sang POV

I used to have a secret. I used to be the infamous villain Tremors, but after leaving the nine men I loved, I was able to overcome my fears and my past. I can now live without doubting myself or hating myself. After eighteen months healing, I returned to my husbands. Although I am in a relationship with all nine, I am legally married to one Owen Blackbourne. Although I can't legally marry my other men, we had a ceremony to symbolize our commitment and love. With my husbands, we form the rising hero group in the Academy, the Ghostbird.

My name is Sang Sorenson- whoops, I mean, Sang Blackbourne. And I have a secret I've been keeping from my husbands. We're about to add another member to the family.