Introduction

Every 10 years, a mythical creature called a fae, is born. A fae, or faeries, are widely known to be a mix of half-human and half-fairy, though no one truly knows their real origin.

It is said that faeries have extraordinary powers unknown to most. Many are aware, however, that they have remarkable healing powers and the ability to be immune to spells cast at them. Most faeries even have their own source of power within them, hence the ability to create and cast spells each unique to the owner.

Very few are aware that weapons, especially pure silver, are exceptionally harmful to them. Faeries can still be physically wounded, but they heal surprisingly quickly due to their healing abilities, which gives them a massive advantage in battle. However, when harmed with a weapon crafted from pure silver, it can cause grievous injury as well as tamper with their ability to heal themselves, thus more often than not resulting in death.

Just as how slaying a unicorn can keep someone alive, even if they are an inch from death but at a terrible price, killing a fae and consuming their blood will grant the drinker immunity to spells and access to healing powers, in return for a shorter lifespan. The reward is great to anyone greedy enough to attempt such a feat, but faeries are smarter and have been escaping human detection ever since the news had spread of the first killing of a fae. 

An astonishing fact known only to their kind is the unique capability to be reborn. All faeries are eligible for a second chance at life as most do not live long. At age sixteen, most faeries die due to unforeseen circumstances, and there is not a single fae who has lived past sixteen years. The only way to be granted a second life or prolong their lifespan, which is to retain their memories and have a longer life expectancy, is through self-sacrifice. Since not a single fae has yet to achieve this feat, no one knows the exact way to accomplish a second life.